- The Director, Product Development is responsible for directly managing the product roadmap for Buckeye Broadband. This individual plays a crucial role in driving innovation of new products and services, as well as enhancing existing core products and services.
- The Director, Product Development leads the go to market strategy of new products and services, effectively designing a playbook that aligns project scope and objectives with strategic goals in collaboration with senior management and applicable stakeholders.
- The Director, Product Development reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Director, Product Development is accountable for the following items:
- Identifying and gathering potential product ideas, technologies, and business opportunities that can be integrated into the current product roadmap, and recommending exploration of future products and opportunities;
- Conducting research and feasibility analysis of future product and service opportunities;
- Managing, gathering, and analyzing competitive intelligence data for product lines;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to launch new products, services, features and enhancements on time and within budget, serving as project lead and subject-matter expert for assigned products and services;
- Developing Project Charters (Objectives, Scope, Assumptions, Constraints, Risks, Initial Budget, Schedule and Identification of team members), detailed status reports, and communicating overall project status with issues and accomplishments;
- Participating in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning and pricing strategies;
- Applying expertise in state-of-the-art product technologies, serving as a proxy for the market;
- Coordinating with sales and marketing to assess client and industry needs, while identifying possible solutions to meet those needs;
- Profit and loss or budgetary management of products and services;
- Managing the lifecycle of new products and services;
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance;
- Following and enforcing the Company’s policies and procedures, including the EEO guidelines and safety, at all times;
- Performing any miscellaneous department duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Equivalent – required (MBA is a plus)
- 10+ years of product development experience – required
- 10+ years of project management experience – required
- Experience in driving a go to market strategy and playbook – required
- Experience with traditional MSO products offerings (video, voice, internet, smart home) – required
- Experience in e-commerce products and strategies – strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification – preferred
- Agile – embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Innovative – uses critical thinking; creativity; continuous learning; challenges the status quo;
- Customer Focused – external/internal; creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Collaborative – teamwork, proactive knowledge sharing, constructive conflict;
- Accountable – see it, own it, solve it, do it; hold each other accountable.
- Ability to structure processes, motivate participants and efficiently deliver objectives;
- Team-oriented individual who can work with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders-responding appropriately to their needs and input;
- Self-motivated and flexible with excellent communication, documentation, interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, with minimal direction, under aggressive schedules, across organizational boundaries;
- Demonstrates aptitude for technical subject matter, has relevant experience with technical projects
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance;
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary;
- Background record that meets Company standards;
- Present professional appearance and demeanor;
- Strictly maintains confidentiality of financial and/or other information acquired in the course of work; discloses only when authorized, unless legally obligated to do so;