We're looking for an energetic design leader who's excited about leading a small, but growing, team but happy to get their hands dirty in execution. You’ll be charged with forming our design culture and vision, mentor and grow the team, and ultimately be responsible for building a product experience that makes healthcare simple, friendly, and transparent.
You can expect to:
- Lead overall design of products that improve the healthcare experience for people and for healthcare providers.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the careers of our designers, and build a strong team culture.
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define product strategy, vision, roadmaps, and resource allocation
- Represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Shape and evolve the overall design culture, vision, principles, and process at Solv
- Be a player/coach initially - individually lead strategic projects as a designer
You’d be great in this role if you:
- Have 8+ years in product design and 2+ years of experience leading a team of designers
- Solid track record of successful product launches
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional partnerships across product, engineering, marketing, sales.
- Strong initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to drive a solid and transparent design process
- Excellent communication and evangelization skills
- A fast-changing work environment is exciting to you
- Ideally, you have experience working on marketplace (2-sided) products
- Ideally, you have experience working in the healthcare industry and understanding of the ecosystem across consumers, providers, payers, employers.