Cars.com is the top-tier marketplace for vehicle buyers and sellers, and we’re hard at work to elevate and transform the process of car shopping and buying to be transparent, convenient and inspiring. We’re seeking an experienced and passionate product design leader to join our digital product team. We believe in the power of human connections enabled at scale through technology. As a design leader, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact millions of people through the scope and reach of our platforms.
As the Product Design Director for the Cars.com Mobile Apps portfolio, you’ll collaborate closely with Product and Engineering partners to deliver compelling and high-performing mobileexperiences for buyers and sellers. You’ll work as a leader to deliver results in the near term and to shape the vision and possibilities for the future of our mobile apps portfolio. You’ll guide and mentor team members to ensure exceptional quality work, process, and ultimately results at speed and at scale.
You’re a passionate leader who cares about motivating teams to deliver and the quality of the experiences we create. You’ve successfully lead teams responsible for mobile applications and have a track record of managing effective product design teams. You measure your success by your overall impact to the business and have high expectations of yourself and those around you. You model strong collaboration, effective communication, and accountability. Finally, you’re able to influence others to move toward a shared goal and have a steadfast orientation toward understanding and representing the real needs of the people we build for.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- 4+ Years managing a product design team
- 8+ product design experience
- Demonstrated expertise with, and passion for, native app design (both iOS and Android) and mobile app strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder influence skills
- Effective advocacy for and deep knowledge of the human centered design process
- Strong focus towards results and orientation toward accountability, for yourself and your team
- Mentorship at team and individual levels on hard and soft skills needed for design effectiveness
- Expertise regarding resources, processes, methods and support needed for team success
- Leadership by example, working alongside the team, arming oneself with real experiences and perspectives that will positively influence leadership decisions, and a willingness to be hands-on with the craft, if needed