We are looking for a Director, Product Communications to strengthen our Corporate Communications team as Genmab continues its rapid growth and transformation. The Director will be charged with the development and execution of Genmab’s communications programs for our investigational bispecific antibody therapies in our proprietary pipeline. This is a highly visible role that will require strong collaboration with our co-development and co-commercialization partners and cross-functional teams to build messaging and positioning, communications strategy and tactics.
This is a hands-on role based in the Genmab Princeton, NJ, office and requires strong science and marketing communications expertise in the life sciences industry, excellent skills in crafting communications strategies to position Genmab’s bispecific antibody therapeutics and innovation to key target audiences.
The Director reports to the Corporate Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications based in Princeton, NJ.
The key objectives of the role are to:
- Support Genmab with a focused global and U.S. communications program for its promising early-stage bispecific antibody therapies in its proprietary pipeline, increasing the understanding and value behind Genmab’s innovative next-generation therapies
- Develop product communications plans to support brand strategy, clinical development programs, regulatory milestones, pre-launch and launch activities.
- Act as point of contact/lead new product communications with co-development and co-commercialization partner and cross-functional internal teams. Manage partnership communications to secure corporate positioning and reputation in programs under partnership.
- Work closely with Commercial, Advocacy, R&D, Alliance Management stakeholders to effectively manage an efficient and effective relationship with our partner.
- Shape and further build the Genmab Story by bringing to life the scientific innovation and medical value of our innovative medicines through clear messaging that supports the brand’s objectives; raise awareness of the medical need; support internal engagement/pull through
- Cross-functional collaboration is required to achieve success. This position will need to be able to both drive strategy and implement day-to-day initiatives.
- Leads strategic communications planning and execution of global communications for early stage bispecific antibody therapies under co-development and co-commercialization partnership agreement (including communications objectives, strategies, appropriate messages, positioning and tactics).
- Collaborate with the R&D, Medical, Commercial and Alliance Management teams on development of all brand milestone communications including data presentations/publications, clinical trial announcements, regulatory pre- and filings and pre-approval/approval and launch communications
- Identify the selection of PR agency partners in collaboration with co-commercialization partners; Manage public relations / communications agency team
- Work with Corporate VP IR&C on media strategy efforts and serve as integral member of cross-functional team on different projects related to the communications and programming including regulatory milestones, data publicity and non-branded efforts
- Lead partnership relationship on all communications programming
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure program success
- Charged with ensuring organizational preparedness for issues mitigation and crisis management to protect brand and company corporate reputation
- Position includes approximately 35% national and international travel
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in communications, science writing and content creation; experience in business writing or writing for corporate audiences a must
- Prolific communicator with excellent story-telling skills, ability to communicate complex science to broad audiences using traditional and digital assets, with keen understanding how to create content and tell stories for various channels
- Corporate Communications and/or agency experience in the healthcare field, oncology; experience in the life science industry and knowledge of key media outlets and journalists
- Exceptional relationship management skills and project and time management skills with ability to lead and manage multiple projects from conception to completion, execute projects to set goals and gather metrics to measure success
- Ability to engage with senior leadership to offer strong communication counsel and work with people at all levels of an organization to complete projects and thrive in a challenging, demanding, and rapidly changing environment with a “can-do” spirit and flexibility
- Strong experience of digital communications and social media best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required