What you'll do
Who we are
Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
To learn more about us, check out this site: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who You Are
• When you think about customer experience, you don’t bucket those experiences into “digital” vs. “in-store” – you know that today’s customers interact with brands anytime, anywhere. You understand the demands of a tech-savvy customer. You know that they expect brands to anticipate their needs, learn their preferences and deliver a delightful experience every time. Most importantly, you know that a successful product strategy centers on the customer needs.
• Your professional experience is marked by your ability to lead in a creative and ever evolving atmosphere to deliver for your customer.
• You understand the end-to-end user experience, technology systems and integration points of today’s best blended retail consumer experiences.
• Whether you’re ordering an item for in-store pickup or using our app to order the dinner you’ll pick up on your way home, you can tell people exactly what it took to make that experience happen.
• You are in your element when you can collaborate with a diverse team from executives to technical professionals to deliver fast, measurable business results.
As the Director of Product Capability & Business Management, you’ll be leading the development of capability and product strategies for Digital Relationship Services (including Walmart Pay) that redefines the shopping experience for Walmart customers.
Who you would work for
•This position reports to Mark Matthews, Sr. Director - Financial Services, Service Infrastructure & Capabilities Development,
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
• Lead strategic product and capability development plans for assigned category by leading the proposition development, management and implementation of services across the physical and digital operating platform.
• Direct cross-functional teams to develop technology-enabled products that improve the store shopping experience, and deliver new and revised products and capabilities to meet the digital-physical objectives.
• Collaborate with a host of cross-organizational partners to develop appropriate technical and operational approaches to digital-physical services, products, and capabilities.
• Promote and build support for product vision, strategy, and pipeline from senior leadership.
• Optimize product and capability development by evaluating financial, budgeting, and operational performance.
• Analyze use cases supporting the digital-physical customer relationship; determining priorities for potential business initiatives that drive the capability roadmap for Store Digital Relationship Services.
• Initiate, supervise and lead research and analyses to identify product quality and performance standards.
•Travel domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field, and 5 years’ experience in retail services, consumer mobiletechnology, program
management, vendor management, product development, or related field; OR, 7 years’ experience in retail services, consumer mobile technology, program management, vendor management, product development, or related field
3years’experienceleading cross-functional teams
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
6 years’ experience developing and securing approvals for technology-enabled consumer products and services
6 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
6 years’ experience in product, service, or market development and management
6 years’ experience in customer experience mapping for technology-enabled products / services.
4 years supervisory experience