Director, Product Architecture and Device Management Product Line Leader
11 - 15 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
Job ID: 206978
Ascension Information Services (AIS) is on a journey to realize its vision of being a leading healthcare servicing company through offering exceptional healthcaretechnology solutions to Ascension and other companies. As such, AIS is driving towards a commercial model, shifting from a focus on application and software development to a new mindset driven by end-to-end product offerings. Product Line Leads will be a vital role responsible for launching and revolutionizing individual product lineswithin AIS.
The ProductArchitecture & Device Management Product Line Lead provides leadership to align strategy to product and service solutions for the customers of AIS, ensuring transparency and accountability for all AIS ProductArchitecture & Device Management Product Line Products. This includes advising and guiding relationship owner functions on key customer solutions to drive the long-term adoption of ProductArchitecture & Device Management Product Line Products, ensuring proper product alignment to the needs of customers (i.e., patients, clinicians, and workforce), as well as the overarching productportfolio. Product Line Leads are responsible for developing an enticing business proposition to move onto standard products. This role is also accountable for product technical health, currency, ability to scale across the enterprise and total cost of ownership. This role will work across all areas of the product lifecycle, leading teams to implement, manage, operate, and optimize products and services from strategies.
The scope of responsibilities for this role includes providing product design direction and input across all product line projects, ensuring alignment of product line solutions witharchitecture standards and contributing insight on product design while considering all technology components (e.g., multiple applications). This role is also responsible for managing specialized interfacing for bedside medical devices, lab devices, imaging devices and pharmacy devices as well as alerts and alarm management and real-time location services.
- Manage product teams (e.g., product managers, designers, developers, engineers) and encourage teams to “Own the Product” and bring opportunities to life
- Leverage expertise of Strategic Account Management and Portfolio Planners to build knowledge about AIS customers; interact with customers as appropriate to understand their needs and desires, conduct market research, and monitor competitor activity to identify market opportunities
- Collaborate withProductPortfolio Leads, ProductPortfolio Planners and other Clinical Product Line Leads to ensure comprehensive delivery of customer needs through product and service solutions
- Ensure alignment between product line roadmaps and customer roadmaps
- Maintain alignment with AIS technical standards. Supporttechnology decisions and oversee the implementation, operations, and management of end-to-end product solutions, including strategy, planning, delivery, and operations
- Act as the technology point of contact for any special project assigned by the VP of Products. This would range from participation in organizational-wide projects representing AIS or any ad-hocproduct line initiative requiring executive leadership.
- Manage the profit, loss, and budget for the product line; continuously evaluate the product line and associated products through analytics and reporting; develop options to rationalize, improve, and prioritize with the overall goal of product line competitiveness and value to the customer
- Adheres to policies and procedures as related to all aspects of IT contracting and legal processes as well as all financial management aspects to include compliance, capital management, operating budget management and security and controls.
- Looks for opportunities to optimize the product line through analyzing total cost of ownership for AIS
- Evaluates product line performance against expectations and influences changes to programs to improve competitive position and optimize performance
- Nimbly adapt, manage, and maintain products to delight customers and maintain a competitive edge
- Monitor customer satisfaction withproducts and initiate improvements/corrective actions as necessary to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Create and coach product team members by providing guidance and direction to deliver strategic and tactical results
- Develop and enforce standard processes and configuration guidelines
- Validate and test products / services when introducing to any customers
- Decide to retire product / service, understanding customer replacement needs
- Track and continuously assess product / service pricing and costing
- Frequent collaborationwithother Clinicalproduct lines to develop best-fit solutions for customers and ensure sufficientsupport forproductofferings
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability totravel frequently (30%) to meetwith the AIS workforceand Health Ministry leadership
- HS or Equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Must have considerable productportfolio management experience. Ideal candidate possesses at least five years of consecutive executive management experience.
- 10 years or more experience in an information technology discipline with increasing responsibility. Ideal candidate will have played a leadership role with an “as-a-service” technology vendor.
- Must have healthcare IT experience/product management experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experiencewithproduct management and development methodologies
- Deep understanding of current and emerging clinical IT solutions
- Proven ability to write & clearly communicate with technical teams and business stakeholders
- Be a talent attractor and be passionate about developing the team for product innovation
- Experience managing profit and loss of a product line
- Ability to lead cross functional product teams with a customer first mindset
- Ability to communicate product concepts to technical product teams, as well as business customers
- Knowledgeable on business process and data analysis, functional design, modeling, product development processes, and software testing
- Ability to manage product managers and product owners
- Experience owning end-to-end products as a product owner and visionary
- Strong understanding of lifecycle journey for patients, providers, and workforce
- Knowledgeable on current and emerging customer trends that can be translated to healthcareproducts and services
- Experience developing relationships and working with health care individuals, including senior executives, clinicians, and healthcare vendors
- Ability to be a change agent, experience positively making an impact on organizations
- Ability to convey concepts and ideas to a Senior Executive audience