Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
REPORTS TO: SR. DIRECTOR OR ABOVE
The Director of Product and Technology, Video Experience is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible member of the Product Leadership Team has overall accountability for the end-to-end video strategy of Paylocity’s business and will lead multiple initiatives to deliver against that strategy. We are unique and afford leaders the opportunity to lead in an integrated environment, responsible for the product vision, product discovery user experience and direction as well as product delivery, engineering and implementation.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers’ unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology – ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision.
Who you are:
- Creative thinker with the ability to design a vision for video strategy, centered on end users’ unmet needs
- Influential leader who rallies multiple product teams around the vision, and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Collaborative, innovative and humble
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops
- A model for exhibiting grit and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Leader who focuses on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, coaching and cultivating high potentials.
- Always curious about current market and technology trends, competitive landscape, and influences product strategy accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Steadfast in your desire for production stability
During the first six months, you will:
- Identify, develop and articulate the appropriate product roadmaps; develop the overall video offering strategy and conceptual approach
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies
- Develop a strategy to secure four 9’s of long-term platform stability and a world-class scalable architecture
- Work closely with our Information Security team to ensure that our development teams are implementing security best practices and remediating any vulnerabilities
- Secure and establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments
- Effectively maintain relationships with key partners
- Lead innovation within the product groups that align to market strategies
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent product and technical talent
- Partner on go to market activities for Paylocity products including coordinating with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance and other teams