Unum's product portfolio is one of the core enablers in executing the UUS strategy, including our audacious goal to become the #1 company for customer experience by 2022.
As Unum US Product Offering Development develops and implements new products, we seek to balance the interest of all of Unum's many stakeholders. Investment in products continues to grow as we seek to build and enhance our product portfolio to maintain or develop market leading positions in disability, life, supplemental health, dental, vision, stop loss, and absence management while simplifying our product portfolio and improving integration to deliver Customer Experience goals.
This position will provide leadership and comprehensive management of a product line working closely with internal constituents, external partners and customers to ensure alignment with distribution strategies, growth opportunities and market objectives. The incumbent is accountable for the development of new product design, execution of marketing and product development strategies, and monitoring of the market environment for indicators requiring adjustments to the overall plan. The incumbent for this position is accountable for owning the strategic analysis of internal and external market dynamics.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the execution of the strategic vision and development pipeline for specific products and/or capabilities. Owns recommendations, development, profitable design, marketing, integration and implementation of new or existing market programs, products and product options.
- Utilizes and leverages technology to drive solutions.
- Provides ongoing market assessments which captures internal and external dynamics and recommends course of action supported by CBA and strategic rationale.
- Works with manager and internal/external parties to ensure that the portfolio is compliant with regulations.
- Partners with other functional areas (such as IT, Underwriting, Pricing, Sales Support, Field Sales and Service, Benefits, Client Services, Marketing, Compensation, CC&F, Law Department and Training) to vet opportunities and ensure appropriate resources are available to meet development goals.
- Presents to field management, brokers and industry groups.
- Facilitates conflict resolution across the business areas and ensures the appropriate strategic and tactical decisions are reached.
- Accountable for training of field and home office constituents.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of business experience, preferably in financial services industry or in marketing, product development or brand management
- Proven leadership skills and abilities necessary to leverage functional partner relationships across the corporation
- Must be a strategic thinker, able to execute at a tactical level
- Ability to support other product initiatives as part of a "fungible" pool of Product Development professionals
- Attentive focus on delivering timely results and executing on plans to support corporate growth and financial results.
- Superior proven ability to handle multi-dimensional projects, to execute accountabilities, and deliver quality results through multiple organizational areas not under his/her direct span of control