Q2 is seeking a Director, Procurement based in the Austin, Texas office. This position will own the Purchase to Pay process including Vendor Management, Procurement and Accounts Payable in a fast-paced technology environment. This role will be an integral member of the Accounting team, and work closely with legal, finance, compliance, people, and other departmental leadership. This role will be a key business partner to the Corporate Controller, VP FP&A, General Counsel, business leadership and the CFO, driving change and overall process improvement throughout the organization.
- Responsible for adhering to expense accounting policies and procedures world-wide. Activities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop and own critical vendor monitoring process which will include ongoing assessment of compliance with FFIEC and other regulatory standards as well as ongoing risk assessment practices and site visits.
- Establish, implement, and maintain global vendor management processes, including vendor selection, vendor diversity, inclusion and other environmental and social guidelines and reporting, monitoring compliance with contract terms, company policies and other regulatory requirements and publication of KPI and other relevant reporting.
- Support the contract administration and management process, participate in the negotiation and documentation of terms and proactively manage and assist with negotiation of renewals.
- Establish, implement and maintain global purchasing processes, including purchase requests, orders, receipts and approvals to pay.
- Maintain established global payables processes, including invoice receipt, approval and payment. Support global accrued expense and COS processes in coordination with the Manager, Expense & Consolidations Accounting.
- Document company processes and policies, including publication and periodic company-wide training, to improve customer familiarity and experience.
- Continually evaluate and optimize processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy, and higher customer service.
- Ensure appropriate controls and financial procedures are documented and in place, and that financial functions are performed in compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines. Participate in the annual audit of financial statements and internal control audits.
- Lead relevant acquisition due diligence and integration activities and assist with system and software implementations as needed
- Specific managerial responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a global team of accounting and purchasing professionals to execute on financial goals and team initiatives
- Communicate and support corporate direction and objectives to and with staff
- Define staffing levels and identify talented candidates for potential hire
- Manage staff performance through setting objectives, providing performance feedback/coaching feedback and evaluation
- Ensure that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve mutual problems and be the purchasing go to person for the Company
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or accounting with progressive responsibility including management experience
- Prior experience in establishing procurement, vendor management and FFIEC programs preferred
- 3+ years of experience at software or software-as-a-service(SaaS) company preferred
- Strong knowledge of vendor management and purchasing processes, with prior implementation experience preferred
- Experience with GDPR, CCPA and other regulatory requirements as it relates to management of vendors and their sub-contractors and sub-processors
- Experience with emerging trends and best practices in environmental and social considerations as it relates to vendor selection and management
- Knowledge of SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP, and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and the reporting and compliance issues of a public company
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, Financial Model creation and analysis)
- NetSuite, SpringCM and Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong work ethic with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly efficient and always looking for ways to improve processes
- Strong, professional communication skills (written and verbal) with a customer service focus and ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with all levels of management
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential employee and customer data
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.