The Chief Procurement Office is on a transformational journey towards our vision of world class procurement including category strategies, tools and processes to enable end to end Source to Pay. We're breaking new ground, redefining our service delivery model and identifying new opportunities to drive value for TELUS and our customers. Our team impacts everything and everyone, creating value for money, optimizing spend across all business units and providing savings to be invested in the development of innovative products, services, and solutions. Our high performance team remains steadfastly focused on collaborating with internal and external partners to drive business outcomes that lead to exceptional customer experiences and marketplace growth.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As Director, Procurement - Network Transformation, you play a key role in achieving this vision by providing exceptional leadership in the strategic category management for network maintenance and supporting agreements, and formulating strategic sourcing for TELUS' leading edge networks including access, core and enablers across 4G/5G wireless and wireline services. Leading a team of procurement professionals, you will elevate their capabilities as trusted business partners and thought leaders to key stakeholders including network and IT architects, planners and operations experts. Your strategic and business acumen will optimize spend and value for money, drive new best practices, and strengthen internal and external partnerships. Collectively, your team will contribute to the development and delivery of solutions, including IoT offerings, and unparalleled network reliability – all of which will lead to meeting corporate goals and providing exceptional customer experiences.
This role reports into the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Providing leadership and guidance to business leaders to identify and deliver strategies and outcomes that are aligned to stakeholder and corporate priorities, including: customer experience, reliability and improved earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) growth and return on investment
- Advancing supplier partnership towards a focus on strategic opportunities delivering industry leading objectives including 5G deployment across Canada
- Leading as a trusted partner and fostering strong collaborative relationships across the organization with key stakeholders including executive leaders
- Proactively driving continuous value add, process improvement and new global best practices in sourcing, and project management excellence including helping define the technology strategy for the procurement organization
- Fostering a high performance and highly engaged team culture by inspiring, coaching and development of team members to achieve their careers goals, and shaping the next generation of procurement professionals
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Valued for your 10+ years of procurement experience managing large, complex portfolios and 5+ years leading procurement professionals
- Appreciated for having broad understanding of technology, emerging technology trends and/or telecommunications industry
- Regarded as a strategic thinker with strong business and financial acumen who drives innovation, change and process improvements
- Known as an inspiring leader who coaches and develops team members, cultivating a highly engaged and high performance team
- Regarded as an exceptional communicator, influencer and negotiator, able to build and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including executive leaders
- Sought out for your ability to seek, analyze and translate facts, data and intelligence into key insights, concepts and recommendations
- Respected for your track record of program/project execution excellence and achieving results in a complex environment
- Noted as having an entrepreneurial, measured risk taking, and learning mindset
- Confident at engaging, influencing, collaborating, and delivering presentations to senior/executive leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other related degree
- Management consulting experience
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration
- PMP certification
- SCMP or CSCP or PMAC certification