GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position manages and executes the business relationships between Dole Fresh Vegetables and its suppliers. This position is responsible for running the Procurement Department for DFV and ensures proper contract and supplier management as it relates to all procurement functions and operations across the DFV organization. The position will hire, train, evaluate and manage a full staff, ensuring a productive and responsive department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Build, train and lead purchasing team to support all operations within company.
- Develop relationships and negotiate supply contracts with vendors for procurement that align with strategic goals of Dole Fresh Vegetables and Dole Food Company.
- Coordinate and direct all R&D, marketing and manufacturing needs associated with vendor approvals and procurement of supplies.
- Develop, maintain and manage all co-manufacturing agreements for DFV.
- Formulate and manage cost savings and innovation proposals both internally and externally.
- Responsible for staff management in establishing work schedules, coordinating moves from growing region to growing region, vacation planning, mediating and resolving disputes and conflicts and meeting objectives of department.
- Responsible for materials management system maintenance for all materials and services.
- Initiate formal RFPs and perform purchasing value analyses; recommend and implement process improvements, utilizing excellent negotiation skills.
- Maintain systems data required in order to process billings and update system accounts (period close).
- Responsible for supplying internal and external customer’s needs on a timely basis while maintaining inventory value at Just-in-Time levels.
- Implement plans and programs designed to provide high levels of customer service to internal customers. Responsible for ongoing communications with customers and assessment of their needs; resolving local quality and service issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering, business or supply chain degreepreferred with 3-5 years of experience in operations.
- Strong operations background preferred to support multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of inventory management; budgeting. JD Edwards/AS400 system knowledge and advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and use influence skills to obtain cooperation and support across multiple departments and functions within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a team environment. Must successfully demonstrate the desire to share ideas, be cooperative, and express a positive and supportive attitude.
- Understanding of logistics, production planning and product pricing concepts.
- The individual should possess strong project management and analytical skills including problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 10+ years’ work experience in operations or procurement preferred. Experience with analysis regarding expenses and inventory control. Supervisory experiencerequired.
Bachelor of Science degree with five years of related operations or supply chain work experience. APICS certification preferred.
Tracking Code 827