The Director of Procurement Analytics will report to the Vice President of Program Management strategically defining the applicable flow of spend analytics to category teams, Procurement leaders and property CFO’s. The Director of Procurement Analytics and their team enables the business to improve category spend by collecting and analyzing spend data and provides visibility into total spend activities across properties, departments, and suppliers. The Procurement Analytics function is responsible for aligning data strategy with business requirements, measuring performance to improve cross-functional decision-making, tracking key performance indicators and compliance to Procurement programs, reporting category level savings and developing supplier market expertise to inform supplier negotiations.
The Director of Procurement Analytics is a key partner to the Company brands in providing insight into how existing and upcoming Global Procurement projects impact them. The Director will oversee complex analytics by the Procurement Analytics team as they provide quantitative support for savings opportunities, by tracking and interpreting spend data across MGM Resorts International’s addressable spend. Success can be measured by the Director’s ability to facilitate effective analytics of spend data, proactively identify trends to inform spend decisions, and achieve planned savings on programmatic categories per the Strategic Sourcing Plan, as well as clearly communicating to the Properties overall Global Procurement financial impact. This position will contribute to strategic sourcing strategy, supplier selection and negotiations.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Collaborates and provides recommendations to annual Strategic Sourcing Plan and category decision making by advising on historical tracking, benchmarking and reporting key performance indicators (e.g., non-compliant spend, category spend drivers, realized savings, etc.);
- Develops processes for all Global Procurement and Purchasing and oversees the collection and categorization of spend and supplier performance data to deliver consistent and credible analysis to inform category level strategies;
- Strategically identifies regular analysis and reporting of spend, savings, and program compliance needed by property and category;
- Defines requirements of regular analysis and reporting of supplier performance, as well as assess risk (Financial, CSR, corruption);
- Leads the creation of forecasts and business cases based on strategic direction of category strategy;
- Identifies key market intelligence gathering strategy and identifies external data sources and tools to enable tracking of category market;
- Cultivates supplier market expertise to provide Procurement organization with an outlook on supplier landscape and competitive positioning (SWOT analyses);
- Partners with and supports other analytics and data-related initiatives across the company;
- Leads high-profile opportunities to improve operating performance throughout the Company, develop change management plan, and guide process to obtain buy-in from key Company stakeholders;
- Develops and produces presentations to articulate best practice recommendations for implementation and drive buy-in with multiple stakeholders;
- Strategically identifies other synergies and opportunities within the organization, including inter-department collaborations, outside of current team scope;
- Leads Procurement Analytics team in the compilation of category level key performance indicators;
- Defines templates to build category specific reports to be run on a scheduled or as-needed basis to inform and drive category savings levers (e.g., historical spend trends, cost increases, volume spikes, etc.);
- Partners with Strategic Sourcing to create cost modeling / bottoms-up costing as needed as well as data collection and analysis for cost modeling used in strategic sourcing events / negotiations;
- Defines and develops new opportunities to grow or improve managed programs by monitoring customer feedback, tracking off-program spend and analyzing category demographics (e.g., supplier concentration);
- Leads tracking and reporting of realized category savings across properties, identifies key areas of risk and recommends continuous improvement actions to reflect evolution of the business;
- Defines analysis of supplier performance and profitability, detects potential risks and ecosystem changes, projects future capacity, forecasts switching costs, quantifies error rates and compares pricing vs. benchmarks to inform supplier negotiations and RFPs;
- Designs quantitative inputs to supplier performance scorecards;
- Identifies and recommends category-specific cost reduction opportunities, leveraging PMO staff and techniques such as total cost of ownership (TCO), should-cost modeling, value analysis, supplier rationalization, item rationalization, demand management or make/buy and lease/buy analysis;
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; creates and maintains a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment;
- Directs implementation of continuous training required to keep team apprised of business situations as they affect Procurement policy; and build-out training program to onboard new members of the Procurement Analytics team;
- Coaches each employee to identify personal goals and developmental needs, identifying training needs as required; ensures each employee completes all required departmental and company training, and conducts periodic performance evaluations; and
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related quantitative field;
- At least 7 years of experience, at top-tier management consulting firm, or in a senior strategy or financial role at a major corporation in a consumer-oriented industry; and
- Proven client management skills, including ability to interact with and influence senior company executives (SVPs, VPs, CFOs, Presidents, and C-Level Officers).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA degree from top-tier graduate business school; with
- A least 5 years post-MBA work experience in an analytics or strategy role;.
- Previous experience involving in food & beverage analytics, sourcing/purchasing analytics, or organization financial planning & analysis; and.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.