Brink's is a premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a District Process and Quality Director.
The District Process and Quality Director (DPQD) is responsible for supporting the District Vice President in driving achievement of Brink's CVS quality and process goals in their district. The DPQD will report to the Senior Director of Process and Quality which will allow for a standardized approach (using Lean principles) to quality, process and problem solving and allow for best practices to be shared across all districts. The DPQD will translate strategic direction into tactical execution, assisting in driving strong district financial performance, best in class customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
• Lead the sustainment effort for all new MP Flow ($4M) implementations (40) within his/her district and measure execution through the weekly scorecard.
• Collaborate with the Ops, Lean and CVS Support team to develop and implement new processes to achieve $1.6M is new M5 labor savings in the nine (9) high speed markets and measure execution through the weekly scorecard.
• Execute the deployment of single person pack out ($700k) in the identified branches within the district and measure execution through the weekly scorecard.
• Assist the DVP with weekly quality reviews (utilizing the weekly metrics scorecard) of each branch's performance and work with the district leadership to identify root cause and develop containment and countermeasures to correct defects.
• Collaborate with the BCO Operations Excellence team to identify global best practices to incorporate into the U.S. CVS operation.
• Work with the Inventory/audit team to identify any process gaps that are resulting in a failed audit or inventory out of balance and work with the branch leadership team on a countermeasure to eliminate the defect.
• Assist with new customer implementations and insure that any new customer processes are documented via SWI and that training is conducted.
• Develop an iAuditor branch quality and process review template and conduct on a quarterly basis.
• Work with the Lean team to develop new processes to increase quality and efficiency and document best practices to be shared and executed in other districts.
• Train branch personnel on new and current standardized processes and standards.
• Assist in the training of new Branch leadership.
• Assist the MP support team in the development of a new CVS role based training program.
• Trains district leaders in 8D problem solving methodology and assist in the execution of the tools.
• Uses the Lean tools (Pareto Charting, Fishbone diagramming, 5 WHY's, 8D, and A3) to drive district process improvement projects.
• Augment branch leadership as deemed necessary.
• At least 6 years of experience leading logistics operations
• Minimum of 5 years management experience.
• 2-3 years managing profit and loss and key performance indicators
• B.A. /B.S. degree required.
• Team-oriented/focused, collaborative
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• High sense of urgency
• Lean certification (VSM – CIR – Kaizen)