As the Director, Process Excellence, you will be responsible for creating a culture of continuous improvement within our Zume Forward team. You will provide subject matter expertise on improvement practices (lean, Six Sigma), operational documentation, training, and process flow. You will partner closely with our Product, Hardware, and Operations teams to establish robust processes and playbooks for on-boarding new partners and scaling our business in an efficient, effective way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide thought leadership in process strategy while interpreting customer (internal/external) needs and requirements. Manage a team to translate these concepts into practices, identify process improvement opportunities and quantify results.
- Lead development of tools and content related to instructional design, training delivery, program management and learning technologies, for both internal and external customers.
- Implement streamlined solutions for external customer onboarding and continued support.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement through kaizen. Drive stepwise improvements in safety, quality, cost and delivery in existing operations and build quality into new operations and products.
- Identify industry trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – partnering with Finance, Culinary, Sales, and Operations to create operational recommendations. Develop operational frameworks/models for assessing outcomes of strategic initiatives (e.g., throughput, staffing, impact on ROI/customer growth).
- Ensure all Zume Forward teams are implementing the appropriate lean methodologies, e.g. VSM, standard work, pull systems, cellular manufacturing, etc. to maximize productivity and throughput while minimizing lead time and WIP.
- Identify and implement best in class supply chain tools and methodologies, lean processes and business intelligence to further enhance the pursuit of excellence.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or related field; advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred or equivalent working experience.
- 10+ years' experience in supply chain management; Experience managing a team in Operations, Learning/Development or a similar group
- Experience in the food service and technology industry preferred.
- Six Sigma/Lean methodology certification highly recommended
- Self-starter with a high degree of ownership and strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities including skills in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers
- Strong technical communication skills and experience building extensive training/documentation programs for front-line operators and support staff
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership, understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop improvement project plans for various workflows
- Demonstrated change management leadership capabilities to drive significant process and behavioral change throughout an organization
- Ability to travel to support our growing business - up to 25% at times, to support market launches and customer implementations.