The Director of Process Engineering will lead manufacturing process initiatives across all plants with focus on:
- Establishing a world class coatings (paint and stain) operation. Driving process-focused projects and standardization of the coatings processes, driving expertise within color development for new products, advanced coating applications and technologies, and equipment capability and maintenance. The Director will directly lead a small corporate team of process engineers as well as functionally lead the process engineers located within the manufacturing plants through a dotted line association.
- Driving the Operational Excellence/Lean initiative for the organization. Establishing tools, methods, and activities for this initiative including acting as guide and mentor to the OpEx organization. Driving Continuous Improvement activities through the organization by setting goals and holding local teams accountable to meeting established standards and scorecard goals
- The Director will develop and maintain the process engineering organization to meet the needs of the business and successfully execute needed projects and systems
- Lead and manage a team of process engineers to develop and improveprocesses within the manufacturing facilities' finishing operations
- Drive continued investment in and focus on OpEx in the plants and establishment of goals and focus for all sites.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to OpEx personnel at all sites.
- Provide functional expertise and assistance in the coatings and sanding operations of the plants
- Act as a leader, influencer, and consultant for the plant-level engineering groups in the manufacturing facilities for process design, discipline, and management
- Establish standards for the process engineering function within AWC and develop a process engineering "community" where standard methods are employed and best practices are shared
- Lead and work cooperatively with material and equipment vendors to improve performance of AWC manufacturing processes and potentially develop new products
- The Director will often act as project manager and lead cross functional teams on high level projects that are critical to the business
- Identify opportunities for improvement, introduce new technologies, and new methods to the manufacturing facilities
- Develop a vision for process engineering which grows to incorporate otherprocesses such as machining, assembly, etc.
Responsibilities include the direct supervision, coordination, and management of employees at the corporate level and leading/influencing plant level personnel in a matrix environment. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the plants coating operations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- B.S. degree in engineering
- 10-15 years as an engineer in an industrial environment
- 7+ years in process engineering role
- 5+ years in an engineering management role
- Industrial coatings application (spray, roll coat) experience is preferred
- History of successfully leading and facilitating change with measurable results.
- Technical and hands-on knowledge of coating processes and equipment.
- Track record of leading and developing staff
- Highly energized and motivated with experience working with teams to implement change. Adept at communicating with all levels to get everyone on board.
- Track record of successful project management across multiple sites.