About Cardinal Innovations:
We are a Managed Care Organization (MCO) serving people and families with diagnoses in intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health, or substance use disorders (IDD/MH/SUD). Through our network of contracted providers, the members and families we serve receive the care and coverage they need. We pioneered a community-based method of managing unique health needs that delivers measurable outcomes for the members we serve. Our efforts have an impact on people's lives because we believe in what we do and we care for the people we serve.
The Director of Process and Continuous Improvement leads strategic improvement, innovation, and governance initiatives within the Transformation Office, while ensuring that all areas of operational processes are in alignment with Cardinal Innovation's strategic goals and objectives. The position must collaborate and partner with functional stakeholders to ensure action plans and solutions are in place that deliver the best value and experience for Cardinal Innovations and its members. The role focuses on two main areas; Continuous Improvement and Process Governance. The Director will lead all performance, quality, and process improvement activities across the value stream to achieve greater efficiencies, reduction of waste, and better service delivery across the organization. The Director is also responsible for developing and maintaining governance programs that leverage best practices, reduce risk to the organization, and improve operational capabilities through standardization, organization, documentation, controls, and stewardship. Finally, the Director is responsible for actively promoting a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. This includes identifying, scheduling, facilitating and leading process improvement initiatives using methods of team building, data gathering, and analysis, problem-solving, project and change management.
- Create and conduct training throughout the organization to introduce both basic level and advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and other continuous improvement concepts.
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Drive value stream mapping to define "As-Is Analysis" and the transition to future state.
- Provide project implementation follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvements to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits.
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
- Coach leadership to build high-performance capability at all levels of the organization.
- Establish, maintain, and govern all operational processes, standards, procedures and practices such as problem management, change control process, and general daily operations.
- Diagnose Organizational needs and develop solutions. Develop and reassess processes, tools and systems, training materials, and policies/procedures that are central to the organization's operations. Define and prioritize process improvement opportunities that best suit our members and providers.
- Discover, map, document, and implement Best Known Practices (BKP). Communicate best practices and key learning's across the organization. Create BKP menus or library aligned with capabilities to drive the organization's strategy.
- Assure that practices promoting continuous improvement are adopted by the organization to drive improvements for Cardinal's member and stakeholder experience.
- Implement change management methodologies for employees as applicable to processes and in alignment with other functions, resources or polices.
- Inspire, engage and empower end users to provide input into process change and innovations. Encourage employees to embrace and adopt new processes once implemented.
- Serve as a key team member in connection with preparing the organization for Tailored Plan readiness.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or 8+ years in project/change management
- PMP Certification
- LSS Certifications (Master Black Belt preferred)
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in a large organization
- Proven continuous improvement / LSS expertise in various business areas (healthcare preferred)
- Ability to drive hands-on execution in the organization and strategic thinking with top leaders
- Proficiency in coaching, people development, change management
- Proven track record of lean implementation with Kaizen event
- Subject matter expert for continuous improvement tools and method, in Lean, DMAIC, business process mapping, and project management
- Proven ability to develop influential relationship at multiple levels
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Analytical and process thinking
- Rational persuasion
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Be the internal evangelist, build consensus with executives, colleagues, and third parties
- Experience with technology business process engineering/reengineering
- Coaching and mentoring employees on LSS / Kaizen/ Process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills; clear and concise verbal and written communicator, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office product suite.
- LSS Black Belt Certification with certification to Master Black Belt expected within the first six months of employment
- PROSCI Change Management Certification
- 5+ years healthcare Experience
- MBA or equivalent experience
This is an office-based position which primarily occurs during normal business hours, and may require 10-20% travel. Cardinal Innovations reserves the right to call upon this employee during non-business hours as needed to meet the demands of the position.