$200K — $250K *
The Director of eCommerce will be an innovator who is responsible for the professional eCommerce strategy across the organization. This key eCommerce leader will develop the tools and capabilities needed to boost Advance Auto Parts to a best-in-class eCommerce practitioner. This role will leverage digital and eCommerce capabilities to enable growth and requires proven success as a cross-functional leader to build relationships and influence internally to drive a digital first mentality when it comes to technology, tools, and processes required to advance organizational eCommerce objectives.
This role will also be responsible for owning “3rd party platforms” to drive eCommerce sales. The Director, eCommerce Strategy should be a game changer, identifying new capabilities to drive more efficiency and scale across the landscape of retailers. This role will establish relationships with digital and eCommerce leads and top retailers to ensure that we are viewed as thought leaders and partners in digital & eCommerce transformation efforts. The eCommerce leader will be comfortable taking on this challenge and others that will require ambiguity. Advance Auto Parts seeks an innovator who will be energized by continuously evolving/challenging their thinking and approach in the fast-paced world of retail eCommerce.
• Provides the eCommerce strategy and partner in the assessment stages to drive digital insights and key learnings.
• Leads and conducts marketplace assessment and benchmarking to understand how the company is performing in eCommerce opportunities versus industry retail companies and best-in-class eCommerce practitioners.
• Leads Strategic initiatives and challenges capabilities in the eCommerce space. Deploys this learning in AOPs and other “best practice” share outs.
• Gathers requests for new digital capabilities, insights and technologies and prioritizes with cross-functional input across channels and retailers.
• Responsible for owning the relationships with eCommerce-enabling partners.
• Collaborates with data science/consumer Insights team in building insights on the digital consumer journey mapping and engagement.
• Embed eCommerce thinking within sales and marketing processes including AOP and customer Joint Business Planning and Commercialization.
• Develop multi-year eCommerce capabilities roadmap and investment required in alignment with strategic planning/forecasting.
• Collaborate with IT partners and Procurement on 3rd party data decisions including selecting, contracting and maintaining partners and agencies. This includes staying current the latest eCommerce data and solution providers.
• Stay abreast of retailer-specific eCommerce data and digital shelf capabilities and requirements and determine how to leverage within eCommerce tool sets and playbooks.
• Lead the development of the data and analytics strategy and roadmap with collaboration and support from IT, Sales, and Category management functions.
• Develop specific action plans to drive progress across defined eCommerce and Digital KPI’s.
• Develop standards and best practices for data sourcing from retailers to improve efficiency.
• Assist in the AOP process to help senior stakeholders engage with a ‘digital first’ strategy.
• Facilitate the usage of data through monthly team reporting, leadership updates, and annual planning processes.
• Requires cross-functional interaction within the customer team (e.g., Finance, Category Management, Marketing, etc.)
• Requires strong understanding of and experience with P&L management
• Ability to develop talent and lead teams to achieve objectives
• Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change
• Confident written and verbal communicator, with executive presence
• Ability to precisely and proficiently conduct business and data analyses with data driven recommendations.
• Ability to influence at all levels within Advance Auto Parts.
• Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree.
•10+ years of experience, ideally in Retail Sales or Marketing, with at least 3 years in eCommerce and digital capability role(s). People management experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer relationship management skills; both internal stakeholders and external retail customers
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical thinking and analysis capability
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Knowledge of Digital & eCommerce Technology
Valid through: 6/17/2021
$140K — $160K + $30K bonus + all benefits *