Makes targeted joint calls with TriMark division sales teams to help secure new business across the United States.
- Makes targeted National Account calls with TriMark division sales team to secure a PC specification
- Makes Individual end user calls to targeted hotels, country clubs and restaurants
- Works with the corporate marketing department to develop quality marketing collateral for use by all divisions.
- Works closely with the Pres/VP, Sales to lead the Private Label selection process for additional Private Label products.
- Works closely with the Private Label team, both internally and divisionally to hit budget
- Works with all TriMark divisions and their individual sales organization to develop and follow best practices for selling private label without any factory support.
- Travels 2 weeks per month.
- Planning calendar on a monthly basis to President and VP, Sales.
- Written update on sales and projects provided to President and VP, Sales each week.
- Coordinates PC Road Show in all TriMark Divisions
- Participates in regional shows
- Assists in new hire training with Private Label
- Assists in Launch of new product in assigned divisions
- Assists in NRA Show
- Develop and document a process to maintain training material and keep it updated.
- Develop and document a process to measure effectiveness of training program.
- Develop and document a process to review feedback from new DBD's and make changes when necessary.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge, through recent work experience, of at least 50% of product categories to be sold, including but not limited to commercial china, flatware, glassware and small wares.
- Ability to learn how products are made and what the design considerations are for various product categories.
- Ability to learn what factories need to make products and how product materials differ.
- Ability to develop and manage within departmental budget.
- Ability to identify and quickly eliminate fears of sales reps when introducing new products and selling strategies.
- Ability to influence internal sales reps and external customers and to efficiently close the sale.
- Ability to modify coaching and selling techniques based on (internal/external) customers' needs product knowledge, perceptions and buying power.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business concepts, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures and training manuals/materials.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from multiple individuals, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Hands on, recent experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software; order processing, Ecommerce and accounting software, Internet software, human resource systems, project management software, database software and contract management systems.
- Prior knowledge of new product development (preferred).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university in a related field plus 7-10 years' of progressively responsible B2B sales experience within the Hospitality industry.
- Without a four year degree, the incumbent should have a minimum of 12 years of equivalent experience in B2B sales within the Hospitality industry.
- Prior, recent marketing experience.
- Prior, recent global supply chain experience.
- Ability to effectively "hunt" for new customers aligned with the company's sweet spot.
- Ability to prepare compelling presentations and to close deals with key decision makers.
- Ability to train and motivate BDM's.