The Director of Pricing and Promotions will lead strategy and execution of pricing and promotions for the maurices brand to optimize sales and profit margins for the company.
- Partner with company leadership and key front-line business partners to ensure a shared understanding of customer shopping behaviors, category strategies, financial and marketing levers as well as any other key business drivers as input for our promotional strategy
- Partner with the Customer Insights centralized function to research the competitive set, analyzing customer habits and behaviors, and determining the optimal operations to maximize profits.
- Define, analyze and review with key stakeholders business metrics (i.e. sales, share, value perception, margin, customer attributes, etc.) to continually evaluate and refine promotional practices, tactics and strategy.
- Use leading-edge tools (i.e. APT; Edited) and business insights to optimize promotional effectiveness and develop pricing and promotional recommendations across key categories.
- Develop the promotional pricing process to ensure pricing strategies are executed, communicated and on time through partnership with Merchandising, Store Operations, and E-Commerce
- Design and recommend innovative pricing and promotional strategies in partnership with the merchant and digital teams
- Ensure day to day pricing process, policies and practices effectively support business objectives and strategic goals, while ensuring execution and legal compliance
- Drive the implementation of tactical pricing initiatives and strategy changes, addressing process, technical requirements and change management
- Provide inputs to the pricing systems roadmap, ensuring pricing systems support implementing the planned pricing strategy and process changes
- Build relationships with buyers, senior management, and other support teams in development and recommendation of strategies
- Manage a pricing/promos team, developing business and pricing acumen as well as creating efficient internal processes and practices. Recruit, develop and coach promotional team members to excel at their jobs and progress in their careers
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years’ of operational experience required with 7 or more years in retail planning, analysis or CRM roles preferred.
· Strong demonstrated skill sets in strategic thinking and analytic abilities
· Proven team leader with history of managing high-performing teams
· Strong track record of engaging multiple stakeholders to achieve a shared vision
· Experience in a metrics-driven operational environment
· Experience with pricing/promotions
· Experience working in a matrix-ed environment strongly preferred
· Has applied system, numeric and analytical aptitude in previous positions
· Prior experience with statistical modeling is preferred
· Solid understanding of retail math
· Global or big picture thinking
· Strong initiative
· Forward thinking, statistical – able to balance trend against historical patterns
· Strong excel and access skills
· Strong communication skills