The Director, U.S. Pricing, supports the commercial executive management team by leading the development and implementation of US pricing strategies for pre-launch and in-line CSL Behring brands.
Sitting as the Chair of the US pricing committee, responsibilities include the development and ongoing performance management of List Prices, Market Access (Contract) Prices and discounting guidelines, and CSL Behring Net Price performance. The individual will work cross functionally with individuals and teams including Marketing, Commercial Operations, Healthcare Systems, Finance, Legal, HEOR, and Contract Administration.
The Director, U.S. Pricing will monitor legislative and policy changes that may impact price strategies or performance. In addition, the individual will collect and monitor competitive price intelligence across the CSL Behring therapeutic areas.
The Director, U.S. Pricing, will manage the Senior Pricing Analyst and be responsible for annual objective setting, coaching and counseling, mid-year and end of year reviews, and setting the pricing goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- Establish strategic pricing options to optimize the net profitability of individual brands and the portfolio of company products across all market segments. Ensure that strategies are integrated and aligned with brand objectives.
- Model impacts of pricing variability on demand and profitability across our customer network and identify strategic leverage points.
- Serve as chair of the US Pricing Committee. Manages all policies and procedures related to pricing practices.
- Establish and maintain list pricing for US products. Submit and monitor drug pricing in the external pricing databases including Redbook, First Data Bank and MediSpan.
- Collaborate with Director Reimbursement to provide pricing and reimbursement insight on issues and opportunities that relate to CSL Behring’s pipeline of new products and that will impact the successful launch.
- Collaborate with franchise business teams including Marketing, Healthcare Systems, Reimbursement, Contracting, Forecasting and Finance functions to develop strategies that optimize value for the company.
- Manage pricing competitive intelligence collection, analysis and inference.
- Develop and deploy all metrics and dashboards related to price and performance that highlight business opportunities and exposures.
- Define & deploy projects to that facilitate analysis and reporting of pricing effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Marketing, Mathematics or Engineering. MBA preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in the health science industry with 5 years in in a pricing leadership role; previous pharmaceutical commercial experience strongly preferred. Reimbursement and payer market access understanding expected.