Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.Job DescriptionWorkday is looking for an outstanding Director, Presales for the Federal Government team. Open to any location near a large hub.This is your chance to lead a team, and a world class cross-functional federal enterprise software presales consulting team. This cross-functional team sells across the platform to the offices of the CIO, CHRO, CFO.As the Director, you will partner with Sales and the broader sales support team to drive revenue. Your role is strategic, driving vision, direction, initiatives and excellence for your team. The successful candidate:
Your experience and contributions will include:
- Aligns and implements the vision and objectives of North America Presales Organization within the E&G team
- Is data-driven; in partnership with the RVP, Federal Government Sales and the VP, Presales identify and reinforce performance metrics
- Proactively shares updates with market VP on topics like progress against objectives, state of the business, key wins, etc.
- Demonstrates the value placed on sales execution through the inspection of the Workday Sales Methodology
- Functions as a change agent; exhibiting curiosity and proactively identifying areas of improvement, providing constructive feedback, and implementing change management to improve the business
- Is strategic and able to align and influence go to market strategies across the market with sales and presales, while managing tactical team performance issues
- Builds a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency that simultaneously rewards collaboration and teamwork.
- Demonstrates thought leadership to increase Workday's competitive standing in the market
- Balances resources across the market to maximize efficiency, while also ensuring that excess capacity is leveraged to best of the entire organization
- Has a proven track record of recruiting, developing and retaining exceptional presales talent.
- Develops the full potential of leaders and workmates by understanding professional development/career goals and aligning with internal Workday career growth opportunities.
If you are an experienced Director of Presales with enterprise software expertise selling to government industries, apply now! At Workday, you will be supported and surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry; People who care about our customers and care about helping them achieve the results they seek. At Workday, you will be in good company.
- 8-10 years experience managing or leading a team of Presales / Sales Consultants
- Experience managing first line managers is strongly preferred
- Experience selling to state and local government entities strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years domain specific experience
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and effective presentations in front of technical and business audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple, competing projects
- Openness to change; demonstrated ability to pivot from time honored assumptions and to embrace new ideas
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence and motivate
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required