As a Director, Precision Medicine Quality Initiatives and Partnerships you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
The Director, Precision Medicine Quality Initiatives and Partnerships will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan to meaningfully engage major health systems and pathology societies to improve the quality of patient identification and diagnostic testing. This role will ensure that our portfolio of innovative targeted therapies will make a difference in the lives of patients, positioning AstraZeneca as a commercial leader in oncology precision medicine.
This position will report directly into the Head, US Precision Medicine & Nurse Education and will work in close partnership with cross functional partners including brand marketing, field sales, medical affairs, national oncology account directors, global marketing, market access and other functions to play a critical role in formulating novel customer partnerships that help to understand and address key obstacles to effective practice of precision medicine and ensuring that AZ is the preeminent manufacturer in this space.
- Utilize input from customer leadership, external thought leaders, and pathology societies to help build constructive precision medicine market engagement strategies
- Develop strong partnerships with leading health systems and pathology societies to design and implement initiatives which will make a meaningful difference in the quality and reach of patient identification and diagnostic testing best practices
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to inform precision medicine program formulation and maximize program customer impact
- Leverage national, regional, and local scientific meetings to amplify AZ's key messages regarding precision medicine and gain further insight into opportunities for improvement
- Escalate market challenges/barriers to leadership to consider appropriate ways to address these across medical affairs and commercial
- Coordinate and execute commercial advisory board meetings to help inform diagnostic strategy
- Effectively lead a direct report who will be accountable for supporting program execution including management of program budgets, timelines, and measurement of program effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in a relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: diagnostic testing, brand marketing, team management, and strategic planning
- 5+ years of experience in Oncology
- Skilled in relationship building across health systems, with provider societies, and with thought leaders
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Willingness to travel >50% of time, including occasional weekends for customer engagements
- Advanced degree in relevant area, e.g. business, sciences