- Lead Cellular Assay Development and Pharmacology groups to ensure initial project planning, work stream design, execution of experiments and communication of data across the company.
- Engineered cell product characterization by functional assays, and profiling using genome-wide approaches (RNAseq, ATACseq, CITEseq etc).
- Have a hands-on presence in the lab working on a relevant aspect of the overall program.
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings, decision-making and project progression.
- Creative design of new assays for evaluating cellular therapy products in the context of hard to treat autoimmune indications.
- Manage PhD-level scientists and aid in their experimental design and execution.
- Work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team and help mentor others.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD or MD/PhD) or equivalent preferred, in immunology, molecular biology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in the biotech industry or similar, with at least 4 years direct project management experience in drug discovery research.
- Experience with project and scientific staff management.
- Experience in discovery and/or screening technologies in a biotech or pharma setting.
- Strong understanding of overall drug development process, familiarity with early research/preclinical development space and authoring regulatory documents.
- Previous experience managing scientific staff, including PhD-level individuals.
- Outstanding written, visual, and oral communication skills with a willingness to have ideas challenged and to challenge other’s ideas in a constructive, efficient and respectful way
- Start-up/industry experience a plus