Provides leadership and direction to assigned practices or programs to ensure efficient and profitable operations.
Collaborates with the Assistant Vice President of Operations and Medical Directors in the planning and development of processes to improve overall functions of the practice(s) and programs while ensuring an outstanding customer experience.
Works collaboratively with medical leadership in assuring quality patient care in a cost efficient manner while meeting standards of regulatory agencies.
Assists the Assistant Vice President of Operations in promoting corporate mission, practice goals, vision and philosophy and cascades all Virtua, VMG and office communications to staff as appropriate.
Financial and Strategic Management
• Oversees and monitors practice budgets including analyzing and trending organizational data to understand, predict and respond to operational and financial issues.
• Develops proformas for the development of assigned practices' growth.
• Meets regularly with Lead Physician, Office Manager and Medical Director, as appropriate, to review financial performance and key practice indicators.
• Works collaboratively with the Revenue Cycle team to promote maximum reimbursement and compliance standards.
• Analyzes and trends financial data to support operational decisions to be made with AVP and Lead Physician.
• Identifies practice and/or regional business development opportunities to increase market share.
Workflows and Policies
• Takes a leadership role in quality and performance improvement initiatives.
• In collaboration with physician leadership, develops and monitors practice goals and objectives aligned with organizational strategic initiatives.
• Contributes to practice acquisition activities and market growth strategies.
• Analyzes data and works collaboratively with the AVP of Physician/Community Relations to develop strategies aimed at retaining services within VMG and Virtua for coordination of care and quality of care purposes.
• Directs and manages projects for the assigned practices in areas such as patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
Human Resource Management
• Supports the educational and career development efforts of staff under purview.
• Acts as escalation point for management staff to address challenging operational and personnel issues.
• Acts as coach for development of the office manager skill set.
• Maintains an environment which promotes the Outstanding Customer Experience.
• Continuously works in collaboration with others to improve internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Routinely monitors, analyzes and trends levels of patient, physician and employee satisfaction, evaluates results and ensures that the changes effectuated by office managers are implemented.
• Serves as Project Manager on ad hoc projects that address any issue related to physician practice or ambulatory care operations, the customer experience, or employee engagement.
• Assess learning needs, develops training material, and educates managers and staff as project dictates.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Undergraduate degree in related field with a minimum of 5 years of current office management experience in large, high volume and productive medical office setting.
Must be knowledgeable in the business of healthcare.
Experienced in managing budgets in excess of one million dollars.
Proven track record of developing highly productive working relations with Physicians.
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Undergraduate degree in Business, Healthcare or related science.
Master’s Degree a plus.
Certification in Practice Management a plus (MGMA, AAPC, ACHE).
Active participation in professional organizations a plus.
Job ID R1003113