Provides leadership, direction, and administrative support to all aspects of physician office/clinic activities to ensure accomplishment of its objective. Assists in the transactions of practice acquisition and contractual relationships of physicians in the St. Louis area.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring religious congregations, through the SSM Health Care System values, and tenets of integrated health care while providing leadership and demonstrating innovation within the health care ministry.
- Performs all duties according to entity policies and procedures.
- Participates with the management team of the Physicians' Organization in charting and implementing the organization's mission in response to the changing needs of the community.
- Recommends, develops, and updates strategic long-range plans to support the organization's philosophy and goals.
- Coordinates with the medical staff and other clinic/office personnel the monitoring of medical activities to ensure the fulfillment of the communities needs for quality health care.
- Consults with relevant staff and departments prior to recommending and establishing new policies to ensure the availability of support and resources.
- Coordinates efforts of medical staff and administrative staff in the recruitment, development, evaluation, and retention of medical/support personnel.
- Ensures the provision of affordable health care services by the acquisition, utilization, and organization of resources. Develops improved management techniques and practices.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Initiates appropriate changes.
- Represents the clinic/office in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payors.
- Directs and supervises all clinic/office activities through administrative support staff. Consults with and advises administrative staff on a regular basis.
- Provides assistance to administrative personnel in establishing clinic/office objectives related to staffing and performance standards, policies and procedures, job classifications, and compliance with government regulations.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional atmosphere.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current in the latest trends in clinic/office administration.
- Assists office managers in maximizing management information systems within the practice.
- Approves all capital purchases and establishes guidelines for purchasing supplies with the office manager.
- Conducts monthly meetings at each practice.
- Relays important strategic and operational issues and decisions to the physicians.
- Participates in the financial analysis of managed care contracts with the CFO.
- Develops reporting standards at each practice.
- Reports on the progress of the physician acquisition needs as designed by the goals and objectives of the PO.
- Reports any variances in productivity to both the CFO and the Executive Vice President on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Care Administration
- 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Master's in Business Administration
SSM Health –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.