Job Description - Director, Practice Group Marketing (21000018)
Director, Practice Group Marketing - (21000018)
The Washington, DC office of Cozen O’Connor is looking for a Director of Practice Group Marketing to work with the attorneys and government professionals in the Public Strategies practice group to brand the practices, expand existing client matters and drive cross-selling and new business development. This role will also oversee the development and implementation of marketing plans. This position will be located in Washington, DC, with frequent travel to our Philadelphia headquarters and report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with attorneys and government professionals in the Public Strategies practice and throughout the firm.
- Drive the development and execution of all branding, marketing, and business development-related initiatives for attorneys.
- Work with Public Strategies practice group leaders in the development of strategic business development goals.
- Incorporate knowledge of relevant industries and business practices into firm-wide business strategies; anticipate client needs and trends and develop responsive solutions to support practice groups and individual attorneys and government professionals.
- Ensure marketing plans integrate with and support firm-wide strategies of other practice groups.
- Work with individual members of the Public Strategies practice to create and implement independent business development plans, speaking engagements, writing opportunities, client development seminars, firm-sponsored events and conferences, and trade shows.
- Understand and support pitch process, competitive intelligence, and research to ensure strong intra-practice group communication and client service.
- Work closely with Marketing infrastructure to support PR, Media, and Communications in developing strategies and written communications, press releases, etc., to promote the practice groups and firm’s successes.
- Identify media opportunities and develop relationships to drive branding.
- Identify and pursue new legal work from strategically targeted businesses enhancing the firm’s visibility.
- Assist the firm in developing new practice areas through research and work with appropriate attorneys to structure active and effective practice groups.
- Incorporate the concept of Return on Investment (ROI) in all business development activities and expenditures; evaluate investments as objectively as possible.
- Identify substantive topics and develop events for the seminar events.
- Coordinate client pitch materials, attorney bios, practice descriptions, and other promotional and collateral materials.
- Oversee and work in conjunction with Marketing Personnel on all practice area marketing efforts including content marketing, website development, branding, media relations, advertising, special events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, press relations or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in public policy and governmental studies is preferred. Business development and sales experience in a professional services firm preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and with other operational departments.