Fort Wayne, IN
Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
Not Specified years
Posted 61 days ago
The Director PPG Patient Access Performance is responsible for providing strategic direction, vision, leadership, and tactical implementation of plans and systems to deliver system-wide exceptional customer service with regards to registration, eligibility, and patient scheduling. Leads projects, drives performance, and provides the overall direction and oversight of the functional areas in support of the organization's financial, operational goals, and service delivery goals. Develops standardized policies, procedures, and workflows related to patient access functions throughout the practice network. Fosters and promotes a culture of excellence in customer service to internal and external clients. Builds trust and collaboration amongst the team by enhancing employee engagement, addressing performance results, and providing coaching and mentoring.
1. Provides effective direction, guidance and leadership over PP-wide master scheduling, appointment scheduling, registration, and insurance verification.
2. Develops and implements standardized processes and policies across the physician network.
3. Reviews and implements patient centric systems and processes around online scheduling and registration.
4. Functions as the lead on performance and process improvement initiatives and demonstrates the quality improvement in daily operations through analysis and report or process creation.
5. Designs, monitors, and reports quality control initiatives that consistently measure or improve the level of service provided to patients, families, physicians, and staff.
6. Implements strategies around resource utilization to effectively manage staff cost and provide support. Implements effective succession planning and building of bench strength to allow growth within the organization without negatively impacting cost.
7. Works collaboratively with Revenue Cycle Department for goal alignment to improve financial results in cash collections and reducing denial rate.
8. Within the context of Patient Access, collaborates with Revenue Cycle, Contact Center, Information Systems, Process Improvement and Marketing on projects and initiatives.
9. Directs the planning, monitoring, and management of the budget supporting Patient Access.
10. Work collaboratively with the PPG Director Access & Care Transitions for goal alignment to improved performance and utilization of the Patient Contact Center.
Bachelor's Degree in Business/Healthcare Administration. Master's degree preferred.
5 years' experience at director level within a comprehensive healthcare system, preferred. Qualifications
Knowledge in healthcare compliance including privacy and security regulations, confidentiality laws, access and release of information. Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities. Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple, complex projects with high quality results. Excellent verbal, written and attentive listening communication skills. Must have ability to form working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization. Strong positive interpersonal skills to collaborate with Senior Management, Physicians, and Executive level staff. Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative information and reach sound conclusions. Appreciation of timeliness with resolving issues and determining priorities. Strong planning and delegation skills including ability to develop and cross-train staff. Proficient with MS Office suite especially EXCEL and leveraging this tool to complete analyses. Solid understanding of healthcare information systems that support scheduling and registration.