The Director, Powertrain Hardware & Integration leads a team of engineers focusing on range extender, fuel system, and eDrive. Role includes supporting in-house vehicle programs and developing next generation technologies.
- Lead development of engine, fuel system, generator, gearbox, e-motor, and HV cables to support new vehicle programs.
- Develop, negotiate, and manage technical specifications with cross-functional teams. Ensure solutions meet 100% customer satisfaction.
- Make vs. buy evaluation. Create technical requirements and source suitable components.
- Mechanical integration of Powertrain modules into vehicles. Ensure mounts meet cost and durability targets.
- Develop in-house design capability for key powertrain components.
- Responsible for delivering solutions for new vehicle programs. Support manufacturing team.
- Lead and grow team consisting of DRE’s, Mechanical, and Electrical Design Engineers – talent development, recruiting, and retention.
- Advise executive management on emerging technologies and strategic technical issues with emphasis on powertrain technologies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS or MS in Engineering or Related Field.
- 10+ years’ experience with Powertrain Development for automotive applications.
- Thorough knowledge of electric and hybrid vehicle control systems.
- Background in automotive systems engineering.
- Skilled in CATIA.
- Proven track record with regulatory agencies.
- Proven track record leading and developing diverse groups of engineers.
- Broad industry network; experience working with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Startup experience in fast-pace environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.