RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is seeking a Director of Power Generation that can be based out of the following states (Tampa FL, New York, Los Angela’s CA, Chicago IL, Berkley CA, Houston TX, or Atlanta GA). In this role, you will partner directly with the Manufacture of generator products in the assessment process, direct and guide the company around generator product lines to include R&D(Research and Development), and Manage/coordinate Generator National Service Manager Efforts in the field.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Sales for North America, the incumbent contributes to the overall profitability of the company by maintaining a high standard of efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the Power Generation Product Line.
We are looking for a Director, Power Generation who:
- Maintains a safe working environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines.
- Maintains an exemplary level of customer service to our branches and customers.
- Provides direct guidance to Company around generator product line to include R&D where required
- Works directly with Manufacture of generator product in the assessment process
- Promote Power Generation within Airgas and Red-D-Arc.
- Support existing regional sales team with product and application guidance, as well as training when needed.
- Compile lists of prospective customers from various sources for use as sales leads in the regions.
- Formulate sales revenue forecasting / projections
- Prepare accurate and current progress reports to management on the status of all pending opportunities, estimated revenues of contracts and critical customer related activities.
- Manage Generator National Account portfolio
- Assist in the determination of suppliers of choice & negotiates pricing in the product line.
- Liaison between various departments within Red-D-Arc and Airgas to maximize opportunities.
- Coordinate sales and service training on Power Generation Products.
- Manage/coordinate Generator National Service Manager Efforts in the field.
- Participate in the annual budget process for the Regions.
- Complies with all SOX requirements.
- Ensures all governmental regulatory requirements are met in the Power Generation area
- Creates and manages overall Generator Strategy in North America.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Post-secondary education equivalent to one year of Business Management or equivalent preferred.
- Greater than five years related working experience.
- Working in the Generator Manufacture Industry
- Understanding of Temporary Power Rental Market
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Must have strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Sales experience in either power generation manufacturing, or temporary power rental experience an asset.
- Requires high-quality presentation and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.