The Director of Population Health is responsible and accountable for the development, implementation, and performance of the SCPA population health program and initiatives to improve quality, safety, efficiency, and patient satisfaction. The primary responsibility of this position is the development and oversight of the program assuring the implementation of evidenced-based core and care management practices across the system, which includes determining role functions and competencies, curriculum development, and innovation. This position partners and collaborates with physicians, hospitals, and insurers, as well as works closely with IT, finance, and payor credentialing to assure alignment of program goals.
Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing clinical, service, and operational process improvement initiatives, managing physician relationships, designing and using population health management resources.
• Current knowledge of regulatory requirements related to population health to ensure compliance.
• Knowledge of population health performance evaluation including financial performance, risk assessment, and intervention to improve outcomes
• Ability to lead a team, manage resources and budgets for a department. Demonstrates a high degree of resilience, persistence and the ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change.
• Ability to organize, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate professional work plan goals and performance objectives. Must have superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to lead, facilitate and work with diverse groups. Experienced in creating engaging, non-judgemental meeting environments that encourage sharing of challenges anf failures in supportive peer-to-peer learning
• Ability to command respect, persuade, and obtain support to accomplish the vision. Demonstrated skills in group facilitation and communication, and establishing and managing objectives.
• Experience and proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrix organization
• Demonstrated advanced communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Computer literacy with proficiency and expertise in Microsoft Office, including WORD, EXCEL, and Powerpoint.
Training & Education:
Clinical Discipline Degree required: RN preferred but will consider Social work, or other relevant clinical degree and clinical experience
Master’s Degree required: MPH, MBA, Med or clinical Master’s degree.
• Has functioned in an ambulatory practice setting
• Five years’ experience in a complex healthcare setting
• Three years of leadership in a population health role with experience in (or closely working with) Operations and IT. Experience with Clinical IT platforms, and fluent with successful data analysis and interpretation.
• Staff in population health department
• Community health workers
• Collaborative relationships with practice RN’s
• Active PA license as per clinical expertise.