At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcaretechnology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The PMO Director is directly responsible for the management of Spacelabs' project portfolio and R&D project managers. This role requires a visionary and change agent that can develop a robust project management process that spans from ideation to customer delivery. The position requires a proven track record in managing a team of project managers to bring multiple products to successful completion simultaneously.
The PMO Director is responsible for developing best practices and compliance requirements enabling our Project Managers to be effective. The PMO Director is a highly motivated leader with a high amount of independent judgment and technical expertise who will guide the work of a team of project managers.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that individual projects follow the overall vision and strategy for the organization. They will recommend staffing levels in order to support the company's strategy.
Additionally, the PMO Director is responsible for development and maintenance of a robust project portfolio with detailed project plans. This includes managing the biweekly agenda for the Product Steering Group (functional VPs) for project selection and phase gate reviews.
- Implement and manage a Resource and Project Portfolio Management practice at Spacelabs
- Manage the workflow of projects from idea submission through product delivery
- Manage the R&D project management resource pool to effectively execute the portfolio
- Ensure clear agendas and intended outcomes are communicated and achieved in Product Steering Group meetings
- Ensure product releases are achieved according to plans with a constant focus on delivering high-quality products that meet customer expectations and are fully compliant with government regulations across our customer base, including FDA, CSA, EU, CFDA and others.
- Create and maintain product roadmaps in coordination with product management to ensure correct priorities are determined and communicated across the organization
- Work with product management, sales, marketing and clinical teams to understand the needs of our customers, and ensure that all program managers are considering their input in their products
- Direct, evaluate, build, coach and support a team of program managers responsible for the design and development of medical devices
- Act as liaison between R&D and other functional areas to resolve issues related to Customer Support, Operations, Sales, RA/QA, Security, etc.
- Negotiate escalation of schedule, risk, product feature and resource trade-offs with project and program teams
- Continuously seek innovative ways to improve productivity through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls
- Develop metrics to monitor key projects. Eliminate barriers, escalate issues as appropriate and provide visibility into development status for other stakeholders. Provide frequent communications and formal project reviews with senior management, program team and others as required
- Ensure that Spacelabs’ processes and good design/test/documentation practices are implemented by all program managers
- Review quality and regulatory requirements for projects and ensure they are met
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Manage, evaluate and develop team of employees to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar related degree; or closely related experience. Master’s degree is desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience of program and/or project managementexperience, including 5+ years’ experience in managing complex software development projects within demanding timeframes desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing a team of project and/or program managers and bringing multiple products through development to completion simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of the development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Knowledge of FDA and medical device regulatory and registration requirements.
- Highly developed relationship-building skills, and strong presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of encouraging innovation and out-of-box thinking.
- Proven ability to deliver results through others, both in direct and matrixed organizational models.
- Proven ability to lead dedicated, passionate teams, including an ability to motivate and hold others accountable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, for both internal and external audiences, at all levels.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a global corporate environment is required.
- Must travelinternationally and be able to acquire all necessary travel documents. Travel up to 10%.
- Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with different time zone needs such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet global business needs.