Director PMO- HHC Enterprise Task Force
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Howard Hughes Enterprise Task Force is responsible for developing and maintaining an enterprise technology solution that is scalable for our continued growth and business objectives. The platform will be a single visualization platform which integrates with each of our underlying systems to provide a reliable single user interface to enhance the ability of our teams to have information at their fingertips to better inform their decisions and improve efficiency. The Enterprise Task Force Project Manager will plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional enterprise technology system implementation and optimization projects that are required to deliver the platform.
The Director PMO, Enterprise Task Force coordinates the work of the Enterprise Task Force and other HHC leaders to produce a new piece or system of software, business process, or any task that has an enterprise component. The core elements of the job are about organizing people and time resources, and seeing the project through from inception to completion with continued enhancements thereafter.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
- Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
- Developing a communication plan and calendar to engage the company throughout the process
- Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
- Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
- Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Verifying application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS/MS degree.
- Proven ability to work as a Leader & Manager including experience directing multiple complex initiatives, projects from formation through deployment and creative problem solving to quickly address enterprise issues.
- 10+ year of proven expertise in software technical design, planning, project management.
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Knowledge of techniques and tools
- Experience as a project manager
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Experience in implementing ERPs
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
- Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.