GameChanger provides youth sports team management and scorekeeping tools that provide access to live game action, statistics to inform player development, and features for coordinating the whole team community.
As the Director, Platform Engineering you are an experienced people manager and an accomplished technologist. You will foster and grow the teams responsible for backend architecture and production engineering.
For this role you’ll need experience with microservices architecture and be comfortable in a DevOps culture. The purview of the team encompasses APIs, web infrastructure, transactional and analytics databases, caching, queueing systems, object storage, data pipeline, CI and CD tools, infrastructure automation, monitoring, and security engineering. You should have expertise in several of these areas and familiarity with all.
As a Director, Platform Engineering at GameChanger, you will report directly to the VP, Engineering and be responsible for:
- Mentoring, coaching and developing tech leads and engineers.
- Growing the team up to a dozen engineers by hiring great talent with complementary skills
- Working with Engineering leadership to evolve and strengthen our DevOps culture
- Empowering engineers to have autonomy while guiding them and ensuring clean, maintainable systems design
- Understanding the needs of internal and external customers and planningroadmaps, prioritizing work, allocating resources, and making build/buy decisions
- Managing technical debt
- Leading by example, modeling company values and desired behaviors
- Overseeing continuously improving productivity and quality through tight feedback loops and a culture of learning.
- Ensuring a sense of camaraderie and fun within the team
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of managing engineers on high performing teams
- Experience managing the development and maintenance of a cloud-native microservices infrastructure, including technologies such as pub/sub, streaming, queuing, caching. Our tech stack includes Kafka, Redis, SQS, Memcached; languages including Typescript, Python, and Go; and relational and noSQL databases like Postgres and Mongo.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and Infrastructure as Software technologies. We use technologies like Jenkins, Packer, Ansible, Docker, and AWS.
- A track record of partnering with frontend developers and ProductManagers to build platforms and libraries that enable reliable and efficient applications
- Experience and interest in leading initiatives for improving engineering culture, values, process, speed, quality, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say “no” to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees.
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 529 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of healthy and not so healthy snacks and drinks.
- Organized lunches, happy hours and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy