The Plant Operations Director is responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, along with measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
HealthSouth Chesapeake Rehabilitation Hospital is a 54-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
License or Certification:
- Membership in State or National Healthcare Engineering Association preferred.
- CHFM Preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5-7 years of hospital maintenance and/or construction experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with 5 years current experience in plant equipment and systems operation (chiller, steam boilers, hydraulic systems, building controls, electrical, and air handlers) in a health care institution.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of TJC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA and other government, state and local regulatory agencies standards.
- Leadership skills to lead a diverse workforce with varying abilities and skills.