Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Operations Director/Manager manages operational processes from start to finish in assigned plant. They work with their plant leadership teams to manage operations in the plant and achieve assigned production and operational goals.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance in the plant by ensuring plant focus on programs, procedures and KPI's in accordance with Ball safety programs.
- Provide oversight for the operations management team including production, engineering, maintenance, quality and safety along with a strong connection to planning, procurement, logistics, finance and human resources.
- Ensures the plant complies with all environmental regulations by maintaining effective environmental programs. Maintains knowledge and awareness of environmental requirements.
- Ensures the plant uses Ball's Integrated Management System, as well as the associated Quality, Food Safety, Environmental, and Health & Safety Systems. (ISO 9001, 14001, 22001, 45001)
- Works collaboratively as a member of the plant leadership team, providing direction and collaborating with central support functions including finance, Lean Six Sigma, quality, commercial, integrated business planning, engineering, sourcing, human resources, health/safety, and technical services.
- Provides input and manages the plant budget and operating plans. Supports the achievement of plant-level KPI's in areas of quality, cost and delivery.
- Responsible for the selection, training, growth and development of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals
- Supports positive employee relations in the plant, including with local/national union leadership, if applicable.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; general administrative principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, and manufacturing operations.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization at the earliest stages of planning and development to meet plant objectives; directing, allocating the plant's resources, timing, etc., resources needed to assure meeting the plant's objectives.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Relocation for this position may be available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.