Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We care deeply about recruiting and developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices and perspectives to our vibrant community because we know it leads to the most innovative solutions and most successful teams. We hire for empathy, collaboration and excellence. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal.
You have a strong passion for leading Agile and Lean methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development. You will be critical to expanding and supporting the team of amazing Pivots at Pivotal Labs, and help shape our thought leadership in the product development space.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, including some of the leading financial services companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean startup and user-centered design.
Working collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define and reach targets such as revenue and utilization. Partnering with Sales and R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption and product bookings. Lead and manage a local leadership team consisting of associate directors and managers and coach reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans. Work effectively with the sales organization and ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads and supporting Sales organization in closing business.
- Act as and support client liaisons (CL) for engagements your responsibilities include:
- Scaling agile to work in parallel across many clients and many teams
- Set up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Set and manage client expectations
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality and best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage and communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, and Pivots for all teams
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Advise all salespeople on how and when to sell product development services
- Create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting and support appropriate growth
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent and supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings and a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers and provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out and represent Pivotal to relevant communities, and lead the conversation around our ideas and practices via blog posts, meetups, and conferences.
- Strong business acumen, consulting and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Previous experience running a consulting business and working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.