Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Director, Pipeline Marketing will be part of an innovative and dynamic team leading efforts around our new product pipeline. This position will be responsible for leading the marketing activities to prepare pipeline products for launch and transition to the Commercial team. The primary focus will be on developing product/brand strategies, leading pre-launch marketing activities (e.g. trade shows, KOL meetings, market research), and creating go-to-market positioning and materials in conjunction with the Commercial team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop overall brand strategy and positioning of pipeline products that is both reflective of individual product characteristics as well as the broader context of multiple Exact Sciences products.
- Serve as the key marketing voice on new pipeline projects; lead cross-functionally in a dynamic environment and remain accountable for all aspects of marketing on the project teams.
- Create, in conjunction withcommercial team, a launch transition plan that will successfully launch pipeline products into the commercial phase (includes commercial and clinical messaging, field training, training meetings, PR).
- Verify and update market sizing and commercial feasibility analyses as product characteristics are clarified and/or altered. Ensure the product value proposition continues to meet anticipated market needs.
- Conduct market research that helps to define market needs, product configurations, and that shapes debates about product feature/benefit tradeoffs.
- Develop and lead appropriate pre-launch activities (e.g. supporting trade shows and medical meetings) for pipeline products.
- Develop product marketing content (e.g. web sites, brochures, detailing aids) in conjunction with counterparts on the Commercial team.
- Coordinate with Market Access, Medical Affairs, and Customer Service teams to develop a successful go-to-market strategy for new products.
- Establish product branding standards that integrate with broader corporate/product branding principles.
- Ensure branding, creative, advertising, and messaging align to overall product strategy.
- Ensure appropriate development of branded pre-launch and launch materials in accordance with legal, regulatory, and medical policies.
- Effectively work withinternal cross-functional teams, external partners, including the professional agency, and project teams to achieve excellence.
- Support post-launch training and be the subject matter expert on marketing materials as required in the post-launch environment.
- Ensure strategic alignment and integration with Medical Affairs and Customer Support while building the overall product brand and go-to-market plans.
- Recruit, lead, and develop team of individuals as pipeline marketing function grows.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field. Prior work with diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or medical devices marketing or product launch is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in marketing, product launch, or brand management.
- At least three years of direct leadership experience with demonstrated success in hiring, coaching and developing highly effective talent.
- Competency and flexibility in understanding diverse and complex business and technical problems.
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources in a matrixed organization with competing priorities.
- Ability to manage and prioritize strategies, initiatives and workload independently and proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional professional writing and communication skills.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Willing to travel periodically (20%).
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.