Director Physicians Ed, Communication, Outreach
THe Director Physician Education, Communication, Outreach is a vital member of our mission.
Director- Physician Education, Communication, Outreach (PECO) oversees and manages the Physician Continuing Medical Education (CME) program, coordination, planning and delivery of Continuing Education programs and symposia for CMC.
Responsible for support of CME Chair and committee, implementation of new programs and coordination of ongoing educational programs. Ensures compliance with and maintenance of licensure and accreditation approval and general responsibility for CME application/reservation software program.
Serves as managing editor of monthly physician newsletter, in collaboration with physician editorial board and communication specialist for production.
Responsibility for general outreach efforts to referring providers and offices to facilitate results return and information availability through EpicCare Link.
- Oversee, maintain and stay current with program accreditation, standards and regulations while serving as liaison for the following: Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), California Medical Association (CMA) and Institute for Medical Quality (IMQ).
- Ensure maintenance and compliance of the CME program by strategizing and collaborating with the chair of CME and the CME committee. Ensure CMC physician education needs are being met.
- Act as staff liaison with the CME committee, meeting Director/Program Course Chairs and Board where meeting planning/logistics, content development and CME management is concerned.
- Provide administrative support to CME program committee to review and approve content for educational programs in adherence with CME policies and timelines, draft and distribute meeting materials in a timely manner and develop and conduct orientation for new committee members.
- Develop the annual CME programming (lecture series, single programs and symposia) in collaboration with the CME committee, based on feedback and recommendation from the department chairs and members of Medical Staff.
- Develop and assist with coordination of the annual CME Winter Symposium educational program under the direction of the Chief Medical Informatics Officer. Independently conduct research for recruitment of major speakers and provide contract management oversight to ensure necessary contracts for the program are approved and signed.
- Responsible for ensuring program coordinators and sponsors utilize the CMC standard templates to provide brochures and flyers as well as populate the CME calendar to publicize a variety of CME lectures and programs, ensuring compliance with ACCME/CMA/IMQ regulations. Oversee production of materials for marketing and outreach programs requested.
- Manage all pre and post meeting activities and finances of the CME program, to assure all expense and revenue items reconcile in a timely manner.
This position will require traveling, up to three times per year.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, public relations, education or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in continuing medical education (CME).
- Three to five years’ experience in meeting management at a senior supervisory level.
- One to two years’ media experience, or two or more years of related business development and/or service line promotion experience.
- Experience with maintenance of certification (MOC).
- Experience dealing directly with physicians or other closely related healthcare experience.
- Proven hotel and catering contract negotiating expertise.
- Proven experience negotiating audio visual contracts.
- Proven leadership during CME accreditation survey with certification awarded.
- Experience with software programs for application processing similar to Electronic Education Documentation System (EEDs), or similar meeting management software.
Job Number: 2018-10104