At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care. We believe this position, Director of Physician Network Development, will help to grow our footprint and achieve our goal of transforming the healthcare industry.
As an integral member of the VillageMD Business Development team, the Director of Physician Network Development will be responsible for selling VillageMD's solution to practicing primary care physicians, in our emerging Louisville market. This individual will drive recruitment of local independent physicians, employed physicians, and practices into the VillageMD network and will be responsible for developing and managing physician partnerships from initiation through close to implementation.
What are some responsibilities you will hold at VillageMD?
- Conducting targeted outreach, both in-person and telephonically, to identify decision makers and qualify opportunities
- Conducting sales meetings and presentations with physicians
- Continuously following-up with interested physicians and managing opportunities to close
- Tracking all sales activities through regular pipeline reporting and prospect monitoring
- Executing necessary agreement documents with providers
- Partnering with Marketing to generate additional leads and sharing new ideas across markets to shorten sales cycle and accelerate growth
- Supporting provider implementation with operations teams
- Leveraging local physician champions and available market data to generate target lists of practice and physician leads
What will make you successful here?
- Demonstrated a strong track record of relationship-building and project management.
- Ability to balance vision with a hands-on approach and level of comfort driving results independently, as well as with and through others.
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all indicators for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture.
- Demonstrated consultative sales approach with prior experience in conceptual selling
What you might do in your first year:
- Drive independent provider growth within a geographic region
- You will integrate with operational teams to ensure a successful practice on-boarding experience and continue to monitor ongoing physician partnerships including engagement and success.
- You will develop and manage physician partnerships from initiation through close and implementation.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of six years of sales experience required; healthcare sales or physician recruitment experience preferred
- Familiarity with healthcare economics helpful including knowledge of impact to physician practice and managed care environments
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish trusting relationships with providers and their staff
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Superior relationship development and management skills
- Proven ability to qualify and follow-up on leads from various sources
- Ability to travel within approximately 200 mi radius as required for physician meetings