Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health – one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
The Director, Physician Contracting is responsible for the oversight and management of all activities related to the contraction process as well as leading the Dignity Health Medical Foundation Provider Contracting department. Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, Physician Integration, this individual serves as the leader of Physician and Provider Contracting for Dignity Health Medical Foundation, all physician medical groups and community recruitment contracting.
Responsibilities may include:
- Manages and directs day-to-day operations, assignments and workloads to ensure work is appropriately dispersed, as well as creates recommendations for improvements.
- Provides expertise and staff support for problem-solving complex cases and issues, and consults with other resources as needed.
- Completes staff evaluation and performance activities including monitoring, coaching and counseling, addressing department challenges and implementing improvements while also managing time-off requests and timecards.
- Performs as a subject matter expert/representative on projects and collaborations that involve various departments, including provider and community contracting.
- Trains Executive Level leadership and new employees on the full contracting process.
- Directs compensation review in collaboration with Executive Leadership and Dignity Health Medical Foundation Finance to create comp packages for new Physicians/Providers that are within fair market value and are in-line with business objectives.
- Performs and reviews Proformas on an as needed basis for community recruitment.
- Monitors contract drafting for Medical Groups to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Reviews periodic reports with Contracting team to decrease turn-around time, disperse work load appropriately and maximize client satisfaction and compliance.
- Manages the tracking of contracts and related documents from draft through full execution and distribution/notification to affected departments.
- Reviews, approves and prioritizes eLSR requests for legal review and approval.
- Oversees contract language review and analysis and provides recommendation to business sponsor and legal for contract operationalization and set-up.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare, healthcare contracting and/or physician services is required
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or Master's degree or a combination of education and/or additional job related experience in lieu of the degree.
- Strong leadership, consultative and relationship building skills as well as business process analysis and process improvement skills.
- Law practice paralegal experience preferred
- Organizational skills to problem solve and work with a variety of different departments to create a collaborative environment and provide recommendations for action based on analysis.