Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Physician Billing Shared Service Center and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Director of Physician Billing will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership and operational management of the professional billing for surgical departments within the new Physician Billing Shared Service Center.
- Regularly meeting with physician leaders and their administrative staff to review general and site specific billing protocols, data collection activities, financial performance, and reporting needs.
- Working closely with clinical and administrative leadership to ensure accuracy and quality of billing & collections with overall goal to maximize revenue and ensure compliance.
- Collaborating with peer leadership throughout the revenue cycle to improve performance, resolve problems and stay abreast of future challenges and opportunities. Building strong relationships with physicians.
- Staying current with changes in billing, coding and system requirements and uses this knowledge to develop or modify policies and procedures for surgical billing team.
- Recommending modifications to clinical practice in order to maximize productivity and revenue while complying with current reimbursement regulations.
- Designing and conducting training programs to assist billing staff to respond appropriately to billing inquiries.
- Working with division chiefs, and program directors to resolve program specific problems.
- Conducting data analysis, identify trends, problems and opportunities.
- Overseeing implementation of new or updated policies, processes and system improvements.
- Leading and working on project teams .
- Hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating staff .
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in health care administration, business administration, accounting or finance or a closely related field; Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years management experience with 8-10 years of experience in progressively responsible positions within a physician or hospital billing office .
- Analytical skills necessary to plan for, design or enhance billing systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive and state-of-the-art awareness of billing requirements and technology related to physician billing.
- Ability to effectively manage the employees within assigned unit/department and to persuade and negotiate with peer level managers and superiors on issues and programs that impact assigned unit/department.
- Ability to effectively deal with conflicting views and issues and mediating fair and workable solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.