Not Specified years
Posted 79 days ago
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the states largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterians story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexicos history and committed to its future. That is why we will continue towork just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Location: Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
* Bachelor Degree
* Information and Computer Technology
* Experience with quality informatcis (e.g., HEDIS and Star)
* Experience in finance and medical economics
* Experience in provider network management including value-based purchasing
* Experience in care management, pharmacy, and clinical operations
* Sales and marketing reporting/analytics experience
* Proven ability to drive strategy and results
* Demonstrated success leading and developing a team of analysts
* Ability to communicate with business leaders
Competencies and skills:
* Analytics skills
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Organizational Skills
* SKILL-Ability to present to various audiences
* SKILL-Ability to pull detail reports out of systems.
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone withmembers, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Carry out the PHS reporting/analytic strategy within the Analytics Organization (AO) and provide consultation and operational support for the delivery of information and analytics to the business units key stakeholders. Direct all tactical, technical, and human analytic resources for the business unit. Ensure effective delivery of services to appropriate business leads and act as their primary point of contact. Direct spoke-specific predictive/optimization analytics and tools & solutions needs to the hub and participate in joint development with the hub teams. Manage demand and supply of analytic resources within the given operating unit. Lead spoke steering committee meeting and work with spoke business lead(s) to prioritize reporting/analyticswork efforts. Maintain current and future needs of PHS business units, operating groups, functional areas and customers
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
JOB ID: 17186