The pharmacy practice residency programs of Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) currently include two Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) residencies and one Post-Graduate Year 2 (PGY2) residency. The goals of the programs are to train pharmacists to utilize their accumulated knowledge and experiences in order to practice personalized and precision medicine and to excel in their future professional endeavors. The Director of Pharmacy Practice Residency Programs helps to achieve this goal by supervising and mentoring the pharmacists-in-training and fostering the refinement, sustainment and growth of the programs.
Additionally, the person in this position assists the VP, Medication Risk Mitigation with his/her duties as well as participates in and leads initiatives of the Science, Education, and Research Department (SERD).
Supervising & Mentoring Pharmacy Practice Residents
- Coordinates and supervises residents’ activities and projects.
- Manages residents’ schedules, including time-off requests.
- Evaluates residents’ overall progress in achieving the programs’ outcomes, goals, and objectives.
- Works with key stakeholders, such as a Residency Advisor Committee (RAC), to evaluate residents’ progress in achieving rotation-specific objectives.
- Creates an environment of continual learning and directs residents’ professional development.
- Mentors residents in research and writing, including developing research protocols, obtaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals, submitting abstracts to conferences, and writing materials such as newsletters and manuscripts for publication.
- Oversees residents’ teaching and precepting responsibilities.
- Precepts Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) and Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) students.
- Structures the pharmacy practice residency programs.
- Assesses processes and analyzes outcomes of the programs.
- Provides reports and updates to leadership, as requested, about the programs.
- Works with leadership to carry out necessary changes for continual improvement of the programs.
- Networks with academic institutions to maturate viable relationships as related to the programs.
- Assists with developing marketing materials and plans for sustaining and growing the programs.
- Recruits future candidates for the programs.
Contributing to SERD
- Assists the VP, Medication Risk Mitigation with SERD-related projects and tasks such as advancing the company’s clinical decision support systems and publishing articles.
- Contributes significantly to SERD activities including, but not limited to, disseminating knowledge and leading research.
- Participates in departmental meetings and planning activities.
- Assists with functions of the TRHC University.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree obtained.
- Completed a Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Pharmacy Practice Residency.