In this role, you will provide contracting and sourcing expertise while leading a team of portfolio executives to enhance supplier relationships and member value. This individual will be responsible for negotiating agreements with Brand & Vaccine pharmaceutical manufacturers, developing new relationships in the industry, and building a competitive advantage. Additional responsibilities include process improvement projects, strategy development, and building talent. This position reports to the Senior Director, Pharmacy Sourcing.
- Manage and negotiate a large portfolio of pharmaceutical, vaccine, and technology agreements, including renegotiations, renewals, and extensions.
- Negotiate with suppliers on a regular basis, identifying opportunities to drive additional value.
- Collaborate and align with key stakeholders.
- Execute on business and negotiation strategies set by the senior director.
- Manage business unit reports and finance reports.
- Develop and mentor team members (direct and non-direct reports).
- Review and identify categories for clinical innovation and new business opportunities.
- A pharmacy degree is required. PharmD preferred. Master’s in business is a plus.
- 7 years minimum experience in pharmacy contracting required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Experience in a pharmacy sourcing and/or supply chain management is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS word processing software is required.
- Ability to travel nationwide up to 35%. 11834R