$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
Provide proactive and strategic legal support for the Oncology Value and Access department. This includes pharmaceutical pricing and discount arrangements, distribution arrangements and other complex commercial arrangements related to market access initiatives and other functions within the US Oncology business, as needed.
More specifically, you will manage the following:
• Act as counsel for assigned business partners on broad range of commercial legal matters across all Oncology brands. Proactively advise Value and Access team on contracting, pricing, distribution, account management, channel marketing, copay and other market access matters, to identify and mitigate risk to the company.
• Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements with a particular focus on agreements with payers, hospitals, specialty pharmacies, GPOs, specialty distributors and copay vendors.
• Understand and actively contribute to new strategies supporting business goals of the Value and Access team (e.g. outcome based contracts and data/service agreements with specialty pharmacies).
• Exercise judgment calls during times of ambiguity, inform business partners of risks, and help identify appropriate path forward in complex and evolving legal and regulatory environment.
Regulatory/Promotional Materials Review:
• Partner with commercial, regulatory, and medical colleagues to ensure timely review of market access, account management, copay and related materials.
• Contribute actively to the review team by evaluating potential risk and providing counsel.
• Ensure coordination with other legal associates supporting brand to ensure consistency.
• Actively contribute to Legal Function through, participation in initiatives and sharing best practices, to build departmental knowledge and capabilities.
• Partner with colleagues to contribute expertise as needed.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Juris Doctor or equivalent Legal doctorate degree
• 6+ years of experience in legal counseling role with at least 3 years specifically related to market access in industry or major law firm
• Significant experience in applying anti-kickback, government pricing, FDA, anti-trust, contract laws, and regulations to market access strategies
• Substantial experience counseling market access teams, including pricing, contracting, and distribution professionals
• Significant expertise in commercial contracting, including drafting, reviewing, and advising business partners on complex agreements
• Strong business acumen with robust understanding of the pharmaceutical business and related legal issues
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• High level of professionalism, executive presence, and open to ask important questions
• Discretion in handling of sensitive and confidential information
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to manage and influence across a cross-functional matrix organization
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced and complex environment
Valid Through: 2019-9-13