The Director, Personalization will be a key leader in Sysco’s customer-first evolution, which is enabled by advanced analytics and a digital transformation. This candidate will help build new capabilities to drive personalization, demand generation, and customer centered growth strategies through both in person & digital channels, with measurable financial impacts in the business.
The Director, Personalization will be responsible for setting the vision, defining the strategy, and driving implementation of Sysco’s Personalization capabilities related to the customer lifecycle. They will be responsible for the roadmap and continued expansion of our capabilities & assets against one of the stages of the customer lifecycle (Acquisition, Growth, or Retention).
This person should have a cross-section of skills spanning strategy, sales, technology, consumer insights and analytics and be an experienced, innovative, data-driven leader. They will lead a cross functional team to execute, test and learn, working closely with executive leadership, functional teams (e.g., sales, merchandising, pricing), technology teams, and business units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of personalization strategy, roadmap, and use case design:
- Define the roadmap and lead the design of an industry-leading personalization approach, including insights, tactics, offers, and analytics / technology enablers for the enterprise
- Work with leadership throughout Sysco to frame business opportunities and develop appropriate personalization strategies
- Align organization around where Sysco wins and loses within the stage of the customer lifecycle leveraging data & insights (data science, primary research, market/customer intelligence) to support specific use case prioritization
- Size and prioritize personalization opportunities, including the business case, path to growth, execution plans, and buy-in
- Support the management of ongoing forecasting and reporting of the financial performance related to personalization programs
- Frequently present to senior leadership and collaborate closely cross-functionally across the entire organization
Execution & development:
- Create a simplified, intuitive journey for our customers across all channels (digital & in-person)
- Build and own an extensive personalization use case roadmap - leading development of personalized offer strategy from ideation, launch, measurement
- Lead analytical, hypothesis driven approach to growing personalization programs
- Identify and develop innovative personalization strategies to test across customer and category segments, including new communication approaches, offer strategies, methods of offer delivery, partnerships, etc.
- Lead the development and management of cross-channel strategy, including sales enablement & decision support, direct to customer channels (e.g., email/text), and digital channels (e.g., Sysco e-commerce & digital properties)
- Manage use cases across the full development lifecycle, including ongoing enhancement & refinement
- Work with cross-functional business teams (including the field organization), Data Science, and Business Technology teams to ensure that personalization use cases are effectively developed, scaled, and optimized
- Build learning agendas, analyze results, and integrate findings into the organization for on-going execution and refinement
- Lead, mentor and develop a talented team across functional disciplines comprised of product managers, business partners, data scientists, analysts, and developers
- Build a performance-driven team of direct reports, internal and external partners that works seamlessly and efficiently
- Drive new ways of working, in a truly cross-functional and agile way, across various teams in the organization
- Coach direct reports and help grow & shape their career progression
Measurement & tracking:
- Develop and build metrics and tracking to ensure value is captured from all use cases being developed and deployed
- Design & develop appropriate mechanisms for tracking & performance management (e.g., Tableau dashboards, reports)
- Bachelors in an analytical field (e.g., Business, Economics, Engineering)
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier educational institution
- 10+ years in a corporate setting or leading professional services company in an analytical or strategic role such as Personalization, Strategy, Insights, or Product management
- Wholesale distribution, retail / ecommerce, or CPG experience helpful
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create a future state vision, test hypotheses, and synthesize insights
- Strong problem-solving skills to take an ambiguous problem and develop a structured and logical framework for define the problem, analyze the data, and derive insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity and guide the organization through it towards clear and decisive action plans
- Experience shaping enterprise strategies and working with senior leadership to drive alignment
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial impact with a P&L mindset
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Proven ability to make data driven decisions and a familiarity with experimentation approaches (e.g., A/B testing, hold outs, control groups)
- Deep understanding of business value drivers, corresponding business impact, and relationship between use case strategies and business considerations
- High level of familiarity with digital technologies & personalized marketing vehicles to influence customer behavior including insight activation, channel selection, and offer delivery
- Ability to establish a collaborative work environment that enables a cross-functional team with various backgrounds and capabilities to execute at a high-level
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; fluency interfacing with both technical and management teams and the ability to make complicated analytics and concepts understandable and actionable
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.