Sysco’s Personalization & Segment Growth teams are driving the evolution of how we engage with our customers to enable their success and drive growth. Delivering a truly personalized experience requires blending the best of our people with new technologies grounded in insights and advanced analytics, sales playbooks & toolkits, and continuously evolving tactics. We strive to ensure the right product, the right offer, and the right message, at the right time in every touchpoint with our customers.
The Director, Customer Growth Strategy, Analytics & Reporting will be a key leader in Sysco’s customer-first evolution, which is enabled by advanced analytics and a digital transformation. This candidate will help define the overall approach to these new capabilities and build the tracking & performance management capabilities to ensure measurable financial impacts in the business.
The Director, Customer Growth Strategy, Analytics & Reporting will be responsible for working with the leaders across the Personalization & Segment growth teams to define a cohesive approach to customer growth and support the analysis, reporting, and prioritization efforts as they relate to the new capabilities being developed. They will be a key leader in the measurement & experimentation discussion, financial planning & tracking process, and own development of business unit facing dashboards and reports to drive execution.
This person should have a cross-section of skills spanning strategy, insights and analytics, and reporting and be an experienced, innovative, data-driven leader. They will lead a cross functional team to define, test and learn, and measure the initiatives, working closely with executive leadership, analytics & technology teams, and business units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of personalization strategies, measurement & tracking:
- Help define & prioritize the overall Personalization & Segment Growth strategic roadmap by providing thought partnership and analyses for the respective business leaders
- Provide strategic recommendations on Sysco’s opportunity for growth within customer segments, channels, and life cycle stages
- Support the management of ongoing forecasting and reporting of the financial performance related to personalization programs
- Frequently present to senior leadership and collaborate closely cross-functionally across the entire organization
- Develop and build metrics and tracking to ensure value is captured from all use cases being developed and deployed
- Analyze results & identify insights to inform ongoing use case & roadmap development for the personalization & segment growth teams
Drive ongoing analytics efforts and build of operational dashboards & reports:
- Lead analytical, hypothesis driven analyses to support the personalization & segment growth strategies
- Design & develop appropriate mechanisms for tracking & performance management (e.g., Tableau dashboards, reports)
- Build both internal and field-facing dashboards and reports, leveraging Tableau, Salesforce, and other internal reporting tools to:
- Highlight overall program progress & impact
- Enable tracking and performance management of individual use case
- Support sales processes & end user enablement
- Drive operational cadences associated with the initiatives
- Work with cross-functional business teams (including the field organization), Finance, Data Science, and Business Technology teams to ensure that personalization use cases are effectively enabled, tracked, and optimized
- Lead, mentor and develop a talented team across functional disciplines comprised of finance partners, data scientists, analysts, and developers
- Build a performance-driven team of direct reports, internal and external partners that works seamlessly and efficiently
- Drive new ways of working, in a truly cross-functional and agile way, across various teams in the organization
- Coach direct reports and help grow & shape their career progression
- Bachelors in an analytical field (e.g., Finance, Economics Engineering)
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top tier educational institution
- 7+ years in a corporate setting or leading professional services company in an analytical or strategic role such as Strategy, Finance or Insights
- 10+ years in a corporate setting or leading professional services company in an analytical or strategic role such as Strategy, Finance or Insights
- Wholesale distribution, retail / ecommerce, or CPG experience helpful
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to establish credibility and influence executive-level stakeholders as well as the ability to distil complex issues to the critical facts and questions needed for an executive audience to make informed decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills to take an ambiguous problem and develop a structured and logical framework for define the problem, analyze the data, and derive insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity and guide the organization through it towards clear and decisive action plans
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability to test hypotheses, synthesize insights, and drive results
- Proven ability to make data driven decisions and a familiarity with experimentation approaches (e.g., A/B testing, hold outs, control groups)
- Deep understanding of business value drivers, corresponding business impact, and relationship between use case strategies and business considerations
- Ability to establish a collaborative work environment that enables a cross-functional team with various backgrounds and capabilities to execute at a high-level
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; fluency interfacing with both technical and management teams and the ability to make complicated analytics and concepts understandable and actionable
- Professional attitude, service orientation, strong work ethic; superb team player
- Approaches every problem with an outside in perspective first and does not allow the status quo to influence your analysis
- Experience building operational / performance management dashboards to drive outcomes & behaviors
- Familiarity with various reporting / dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau, Salesforce)
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.