Director Personal Lines Capacity Planning
Reporting to the Leader of Personal Lines Workforce Management & Capacity Planning, the Director will be expected to manage the short-term and long-term variable staffing recommendations for the annual budget, monthly outlook, and daily/interval planning. The Director will lead a team of 6 analysts and champion the development/maintenance of sophisticated staffing models. The Director will be expected to maintain detailed knowledge of business performance including customer and financial results, provide data driven recommendations, influence direct and indirect business partners, and effectively communicate business trends that have variable staffing implications.
The scope capacity planning includes 10 staff models, greater than 150 unique model variables, 1,500 variable staff in 4 centers and remote totally more than $60 million of operational spend.
- Provide leadership oversight for variable staff/capacity planning for Personal Lines (including Sales, Service, Billing, Agency and Underwriting Operations).
- Champion the development & maintenance of sophisticated staffing models that represent current business processes & workflows and optimize direct labor expenditures within agreed upon service level objectives.
- Manage economic & financial support for decision-making with regards to operations variable staffing. Develop staffing implications associated with various operations strategic initiatives.
- Provide analyses on performance metrics to further enable operations leadership to recognize and respond to actionable opportunities or vulnerabilities.
- Influence strategic direction for variable staffing with recommendations supported by fact-based analyses that encompass historical trends and future expectations.
- Partner with stakeholders across operations – Business Leaders, Recruiting, and Training to develop and execute on hiring plans that focus on financial, tactical, and strategic implications.
- Maintain expertise regarding contact center best practices. Support and employ workforce planning and management tools & techniques. Utilize expertise to help drive strategic agenda. Make recommendations to improve contact center efficiencies and service delivery in a multi-site contact center environment.
- Create synergies and consistency across Workforce Management & Capacity Planning with regards to variable staff modeling and support information sharing for real time and scheduling processes.
- Act as primary point of contact to Personal Lines Operations Leadership for Operating Plan, Outlook and actual reporting with regards to variable staffing. Act as a key business liaison to Finance, Product, Marketing and other key business areas.
- Lead a team of 6 direct reports (staff modeling consultants) that is accountable for partnering with Personal Lines leaders to ensure the appropriate staffing levels to achieve agreed upon service level agreements at the optimal balance of effectiveness and efficiency.
- 5+ years’ experience in complex data modeling and quantitative analysis in a contact center environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; approaches from strategic and tactical perspective
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Action oriented, effective time management, and the ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to translate detailed complex business analyses into concise executive level
- Experience with researching and deploying technology to drive efficiency and automation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively and influence all levels of staff
- Experience in handling difficult and/or escalated situations
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and team building skills
- Possesses strong to advanced EXCEL and POWERPOINT skills
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
BEHAVIORS AT THE HARTFORD:
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age