The Director of Perinatal Services is accountable for the strategic planning, direction, organization and control of the inpatient Women’s Services Department and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). This position is responsible for the direction of clinical delivery of care and meeting fiscal goals for such specialized areas as Labor Delivery, Couplet Care, GYN & Well Women’s Care, Perinatal Clinic (California Sweet Success; Diabetes in Pregnancy Program), Lactation and Childbirth Education, and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. This position will direct and oversee the entire Perinatal Service Line by aligning operations and performance improvement activities across multiple entities, special emphasis will be placed on integrating policies, standards of care, staff/management recruitment and training, and capital equipment purchases. The Director, Perinatal Services, will be accountable at a strategic level for planning, developing, or creating linkages with existing services and new services and programs, and assisting with the marketing of the service line strategies in a highly competitive marketplace. The position serves as a liaison between Medical Staff and Administration and is accountable to the Country, State and Federal agencies as well as Joint Commission for maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards, and contributing quality patient outcomes while consistently maintaining the highest level of customer service.
1. Licensed RN with minimum of 5 years progressive management responsibility and clinical related experience primarily within the Women’s Service Line and/ or the NICU Service Line.
2. BSN and Master’s Degree in Nursing or Business preferred.
3. Current certification in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing from a nationally recognized accrediting organization, e.g. the National Certification Corporation (NCC).
4. Certified as a Regional Neonatal Resuscitation Provider Instructor. Provides Provider, Provider Renewal and Hospital Based Instructor courses for RN and RT staff, Neonatologists, Pediatricians and Obstetricians.
5. Minimum of 3 years clinical neonatal nursing experience, at least one of which must be in a facility with an NICU that is equivalent to a Regional or Community Level NICU.
6. Evidence of current successful completion of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program course of the AAP and AHA.
7. (similar to #1)Experienced in managing care issues related to the neonate (birth to 1 month old), child (1 to 14 years old), adult (18 to 65) and the geriatric population (greater than 65 years old) for related unit only.
8. Education and experience in Process Improvement, Change Theory and Team Building.
9. Demonstrated leadership experience including personnel management, cost reduction, productivity enhancement, and interdisciplinary practice with emphasis on quality/performance improvement within designated department responsibilities.
10. Experience in working and problem solving with physicians, administration, and hospital staff.
11. Clinical background with sound clinical assessment skills, along with the ability to make independent decisions regarding patient care.
12. Highly developed sense of initiative and flexibility, along with good judgment and analytical skills.
13. A management style that is open, team-oriented, collaborative, and based on trust and personal integrity.
14. Effective motivational, written, and verbal communication skills.
15. Experience with technology and ability to participate actively in the selection and purchase of capital equipment.
16. Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements including Title 22 and Joint Commission.
REQ ID: req3945