Job ID 562751BR
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth to BAMTECH. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The Director of Performance Marketing Analytics will play a critical role in supporting the Paid media channels including Paid Search, Display, Social, Video, Audio and Affiliate. This individual will build up a team of data scientists/analysts to analyze complex data from both internal and external sources and help identify opportunities, inform media buying, optimize throughout the conversion funnel and ensure all media dollars are invested optimally. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to build out a new performance marketing analytics team and be at the forefront of digital innovation and growth.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today BAMTECH Media has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
- Hire & manage a Customer Acquisition analytics team responsible for working with acquisition leads across Paid Digital media (Social, Display, Paid Search, Audio, Video) and affiliate channels to understand their analytics needs and set the roadmap for analytics work
- Develop and maintain key analyses around our marketing funnel, subscriber LTV and churn; report out results to broader organization
- Monitor & analyze performance data across channels, tactics, partners & individual ad networks to ensure budget is optimized to deliver highest ROI
- Mine internal user and response data to develop targeting models, decision rules and response/ROI forecasting
- Develop Test & Learn strategy related to targeting, creative and other variables to improve end-to-end conversion throughout the funnel. Measure & report out on test results
- Manage user acquisition data tracking integrations both internally and with third parties
- Partner with internal analytics & data engineering teams to develop a data strategy roadmap to fully optimize & operationalize acquisition data sources
- 8+ years of experience within digital marketing/data analytics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Strong expertise in the digital media ecosystem including ad serving & reporting tools (DoubleClick/DART essential), media platforms (DBM, Google Search, Adwords, Facebook, etc.) and DMP solutions (BlueKai, Salesforce, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the underlying technology and algorithms behind each of our partner ad networks/platforms and how to optimize results in each
- Excellent understanding of media fundamentals and industry knowledge, including media metrics and quantitative business measures:
- Expertise manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Proficiency with SQL or related querying language required
- Familiarity with business intelligence platforms and tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Splunk, Mode, etc…)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Strong initiative, sound attention to detail and ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Experience desired in the OTT space, streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Statistics, Marketing Analytics, or other Quantitative fields is highly preferred.